Nervous Breakdown review by Black Flag

• Released: Jan 31, 1979
Black Flag: Nervous Breakdown

This EP is 5 minutes of pure, unadulterated punk rock from one of the best punk bands out there, Black Flag. This is the first recording they did, and features the first of their many vocalists, Keith Morris. In my opinion, he is not as good as Henry Rollins, but he does the job. The sound is muddy, but that is part of the charm of this record. The songs are fast and simple. The experience doesn't last long, but it's amazing while it's happening. My only gripe is that the sound is muddy.

The lyrics are very good for this record. Greg Ginn is excellent at making them match the songs and still mean something. Keith Morris' delivery is excellent, even if he isn't Henry Rollins. Overall, excellent.

This is a great album from a great band. The 5 minutes that you spend listening to it are 5 minutes well spent. It is fast, loud, muddy, and altogether brilliant. Greg Ginn's simple yet effective songwriting shines through, and his unique blend of rhythm and lead guitar playing is great. If this album were stolen, I would not hesitate to buy it back. The best song is for sure the title track, "Nervous Breakdown." If you like punk rock and do not have this album, go buy it now!

jonmwb
    this black flag singer sounds like an American Johnny Rotten.
    jonkv
    I wish there were more bands like black flag around today . Back when punk acaully stood for something,
    Notoriousdoc
    BGM>YOU wrote: HOW CAN YOU NOT KNOW HENRY ROLLINS NAME?
    How can you not know Keith Morris'? I prefer his vocals to Henry's.
    orgasmickey
    Keith Morris's throaty acid gargly voice is heaps rad. Rollins' Spoken word stuff is sick though.
    DroptheBomb
    very true. ther eneeds to be more actual punk bands. none of this shity poppy wananbe punk bullshit[good charlette simple blink 182 the list of disposable pop can potentially go on forever]
    Giusto
    great album. nervous breakdown is probably the best punk song of all time
    ShoeLaces1997
    Four great songs, all still relevant today. Whenever I hear "Fix Me," I think of depressed people on meds.
    scorpio2billion
    Drifting182 wrote: Classic Ramones-y punk.
    Hardly. Gregg Ginns weiner has more talent than all of the Ramones put together did. Except Dee Dee.