Boozed Broozed And Broken-Boned [DVD] review by Black Label Society

• Released: Aug 12, 2003
  • Content: 7
  • Production Quality: 6
Black Label Society: Boozed Broozed And Broken-Boned [DVD]

Black Label Society and Zakk sound very well balanced, I can even hear Nick on secondary guitar very clearly! The sound on this dvd is great, except for two things: the sound is a lot more silent than on tv or or other DVDs. If you change the channel the volume blows you away! Especially if your watching it at night. The acoustic session that's in the bonus features is not that well produced. Okay I'm sure they did the best they could, it's just that it's probably filmed with a home camera 'cause the film's pretty blurry.

Content — 7
This is a live concert DVD, filmed in Detroit. BLS plays 13 songs there, which are: 01. Demise Of Sanity 02. Graveyard Disciples 03. Bleed For Me 04. 13 Years Of Grief 05. Stronger Than Death 06. Genocide Junkies 07. Spoke In The Wheel (awesome, way better than the album version) 08. Born To Lose 09. Guitar solo and after that Zakk plays the national anthem 10. World Of Trouble 11. All For You 12. Superterrorizer 13. Berserkers Then there's the bonus features: Zakk's interview. He's a bit drunk there, but you can still understand what he's saying. Video for the song Stillborn - great! Live acoustic session - this is awesome! I've always liked Zakk's and BLS's sentimental stuff, so this is a great bonus. They play two songs: we live no more and Stillborn, and they're both unreleased acoustic versions! A guitar lesson by Zakk. Here he shows 3 solos note by note, and the solos are: "Miracle Man," "Cry Me A River" and "The Beginning... At Last." Great for any BLS fan guitarists (like me). Live In Tokyo - don't expect much from this. Okay the two songs they play are good, but they are the same as in Detroit. They play Demise of sanity and Graveyard disciples, and they're no different from the Detroit versions. Stupid shit - this is just crap. There's absolutely nothing in this. It is stupid shit. All they do is hang out in a studio a bit drunk. If you like watching this, get a life.

Production Quality — 6
The DVD is produced fairly well. The sound is great, it's just that the camera likes to stay in one place for a long time so you might get bored while watching it. Sometimes the camera moves over the stage which looks cool, it's just that there could have been more of stuff like that.

If you're a BLS fan, I suggest you get it or loan it from someone. I loaned it from a friend, and I sometimes still watch bits and pieces of it. My favorite stuff on this DVD are: Spoke In The Wheel, the acoustic session and the video for stillborn. The stuff I can't stand: stupid shit, Live In Tokyo and Zakk's guitar solo (he can play a lot better than that, all he does is shredding. And the national anthem is just sad Hendrix-wannabeing, no offense Zakk, but we all know you can do a lot better). Anyways, if you like BLS, watch this at least once. It's sure to offer you something.

ReBoRnBaND4
    I have this DVD and I love it to pieces, performances by all. also Robert Trujillo from Metallica is playing bass with them in this DVD
    MaAal_MaAan
    this is an awesome dvd, but i got it on the PSP UMD so its not very loud, i'm getting it on DVD soon though.
    Rocker396
    This DVD is flat out amazing. It has great sound, features, interviews, just about everything you could need in a DVD.