Kings Of Damnation: Era 1998-2004 review by Black Label Society

• Released: Oct 4, 2005
Black Label Society: Kings Of Damnation: Era 1998-2004

This album was well put together. 19 songs made by BLS from 1998-2004. I can tell they picked the best. I was impressed right from the begining. The intro to the CD is a banjo playing on "Losing Your Mind." The album is filled with powerful ballads, acoustic shredding, and good 'ol metal. These songs were recorded well, and sound very well written. The sound is unique, giving it that feeling that Zakk Wylde is writing the music of the next generation.

I don't pay too much attention to the lyrics, for I listen more to the guitars. But Zakk's singing fits very well with the style of music. The style of singing adds so much to the feeling of the songs throughout the album. His voice at the begining of the CD sounds a little bit different than towards the end, but is still good regardless. Voices change over time, and that's a fact.

Black Label Society is a lot different than other bands. It is new age metal, yet it isn't hardcore. It isn't a style of music that you have to force yourself to enjoy, like bands with singers like Randy Blythe. The acoustic shredding, such as "TAZ", blew me away. Zakk Wylde not only has guitar talent, but is a musical genius as well. There are many power ballads, such as "Sold My Soul", which really have deep meaning and feeling. I really enjoy songs of this nature. Then, there are the fast paced metal songs, such as "Demise Of Sanity", which really get you in the mood for headbanging. I must say, I didn't find one song I didn't like. This is definitely an album I recommend for everyone!

Zappanator
    Sold My Soul is great it was my fave song for months in my opinion that song and Between Heaven and Hell r the best on here love it all though