Mafia review by Black Label Society

• Released: Mar 8, 2005
Black Label Society: Mafia

This is quite possibly the best sounding thing Zakk Wylde has released to date. If you know anything about him you know that his guitar tone is one of the greatest in rock history, and it is in full force here. This album is exceptionally clean and the recording and mixing are damn near perfect.

Zakk keeps getting better at singing and writing lyrics. He shows off his skills on pretty much every song. The lyrics are mostly about death and destruction and the title of the song is usually what it's about. But, they flow very well and complement the music excellently.

This is the best Black Label Society album to date hands down. Every single song is good, but the ones that really stand out are "Fire It Up," "Say What You Will," and "Been A Long Time." The riffs and solos are absolutely mind blowing, and the bass is equally good. The only thing I have a problem with are the drums. Don't get me wrong, they're good, but they just sound to basic to be going with amazing guitar and bass. This album is the best to come out so far this year and if I lost it you bet I'd go get another one. If you like metal at all go buy this album.