Mafia review by Black Label Society

• Released: Mar 8, 2005
Black Label Society: Mafia

The sound on this CD is really good I think. To me it seems like the stidio mixing was bad though, it's kinda quiet on a few song. This is the basic BLS metal and its badass. Zakk and the boys are amazing on it as always. I really like how Zakk employed the talkbox on this CD, he uses it quite a bit. Zakk also plays a lot of piano on this CD and hes suprisingly good. This CD is so good my mom really enjoyed it she told me cause we listened to it on the way back from the mall where I got it. She liked In This River and she reeally like the bonus track "I Never Dreamed" which so far is one of my favorites also.

Zakk is great with lyrics. I love how he sings on the bonus track, he gives a Skynyrd feel and but the guitar gives it that BLS feel and for some odd reason it works great. The lyrics match with the music very well I think. Theres no question about Zakks singing skill hes definitely got some.

I think this CD is way better than any other CD of theirs. I think the bonus track "I Never Dreamed" and Suicide Messiah" are the most impressive I never heard the extra minute of Suicide Messiah before and its really cool, really heavy metal. the end of the "Forever Down" solo really impressed me it was harmonized which I thought was cool. The song "You Must Be Blind" was my least favorite, I think the noises during the part where he says "You must be blind" sounded like shit and I think the solo was crap, coming from Zakk. I love the skil behind the music. I think you can tell by listening to it the band has really good chemistry when it comes to playin music. The thing I hate is the bad sound on some of the songs. I think it's the mixing. If it were stolen I think I would buy it again but id probably just download it since I'm saving money for an amp or guitar.