Mafia review by Black Label Society

• Released: Mar 8, 2005
Black Label Society: Mafia

This band has a sound like no other because only 2 people can bust out harmonics and whammyless divebombs like Zakk Wylde and no one else makes it sound as good. Zakk used a CryBaby Custom Zakk Wylde wah pedal and a "Gibson Les Paul Timebomb Zakk Wylde Custom" guitar (I don't no the distortion pedal).

Some lyrics were about drinking and getting stoned and some were about a long lost love and some were just about havin a good time, no matter how you look at it the lyrics are awesome. Zakk Wylde has one of the greatest vocals alive and he plays extremely hard riffs at the same time so in my opinion he is the greatest singer right now.

This is by far 1 of the best albums of the year. The most impressive songs are; Suicide Messiah (which is a fast song played with bone crushing riffs followed by an intense solo) In This River (a slow song with almost all piano, done by Zakk Wylde, and a crazy solos right smack dab in the middle of it) Dirt On The Grave (slow song with some more up beat parts, sounds like it was made in the '70s slammed together with some awesome acustic guitaring).

Zappanator
    this was the first BLS album i ever bought and was skeptical about it because i was just goin on the fact he was/is Ozzy's guitarist. I am glad i bought this one of my all time fave albums. This is my 2nd favorite BLS album next to Hangover Music Vol.6
    Smithsc
    WOW! f*cking great metal album from start to finish! not to mention a tribute to the amazing Dimebag! I love this album! 10/10
    trivium_rule_11
    yeh this album is heaps cool, by the way justinsturek, Zakk uses an MXR Zakk Wylde custom distortion pedal, fully sic
    blsjunkieSDMF
    yea awesome album didnt need to know any songs for it to definetley be a great buy by the way trivium does rule!!!!!