In Your Honour Review

4.4
 8.7
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
In Your Honour Reviewed by: Kämpfer, on january 13, 2011

Sound: This is the most recent album from Australian power metal band Black Majesty. Full of melodic choruses, lead guitar harmonies and other typical Black Majesty stuff. Song writing is similar to the earlier 2 albums Tommorowland and Silent Company, although more refined. Some songs on the album are a bit lacking, but I think this album has some of their best tracks yet. Solos are much more interesting and diverse, guitar work is a bit different, drums aren't all machine gun style like other power metal bands which can be a good thing. Production is the best yet, everything sounds great. This time, the album was mixed by Roland Grapow (ex-Helloween) and I think he did a great job. The tracks on the album are slightly diverse. There are some mid-fast paced tracks like Far Beyond and God Of War, some faster tracks like Further Than Insane and Witching Hour and a ballad: Break These Chains. // 8

Lyrics: Lyrics are basic Black Majesty material. Expect the same as the other albums. Hard-ships, life etc. John Cavaliere delivers a great melodic vocal performance, hitting some high notes and screams here and there. John's voice seems improved on this album. // 9

Overall Impression: Overall, this album is a refined Black Majesty. If you like the earlier Black Majesty you should like this. Most impressive songs would be Far Beyond and God Of War. Both are heavy and melodic and I think represent Black Majesty overall pretty well. If this album was lost or stolen I would buy it again. I recommend this album for any Power / Heavy Metal fans and give it an overall score of 9/10. // 9

Comments