B.R.M.C. review by Black Rebel Motorcycle Club

• Released: Dec 31, 2000
Black Rebel Motorcycle Club: B.R.M.C.

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club formed in 1998 after Robert Been (aka Robert Turner) (Bass) became friends with Peter Hayes (guitar) at highschool. The line-up is completed with Nick Jago on the Drums. Both Hayes and Been share the vocal duties. B.R.M.C is their first L.P, despite the fact the record sounds as if the band has been around for decades. I first bought this album because I liked the songs "Whatever Happened To My Rock N' Roll" and "Spread Your Love". It's fair to say that these songs are not a good representation of the album. I'm not saying they are bad, far from it, but the are quite short, garage rock sounding songs. The rest of the album easily blends genres together, such as blues, garage, psychadelic, punk and dreamy atmospheric space rock. The 'album' songs are five minutes plus and feature beautiful song structures along with strange effects and dirty (sometimes clean) guitar riffs. In fact "Rifles" makes me feel as if I am some gritty English cop show, why? I have know idea, because the music just transports you into another world.

The lyrics are not there to be analysed and pondered about, but they perfectly fit in with music. The songs revolve around the subject of love ("Love Burns", "Red Eyes And Tears", "Spread Your Love") but "Rifles" and "Whatever Happened To My Rock N' Roll" are exceptions. The singing, once again fits in with the music perfectly and is very dreamy, but at the same time 'rock'.

It's safe to say that this album blew me away and is, my opinion, a modern day classic. It fuses all of the great sounds of the last four decades into album that can be accessed by all, but is still very deep. So go to the store, buy this album, put it on your stereo, turn of the lights, close your eyes and get taken away by B.R.M.C.

alex_sand
    i dont know why anyone has commented this ****in top class album, if you like rock n roll just listen BRMC, they are the best american band
    Dr.Evil Knödel
    Im just recently discovered these guys for me and I think theyre great! Really enjoying listeing to those guys!