Black Box: The Complete Original Black Sabbath (1970-1978) review by Black Sabbath

• Released: Apr 27, 2004
Black Sabbath: Black Box: The Complete Original Black Sabbath (1970-1978)

If one wants to hear the greatest albums of one of the greatest band ever, Black Sabbath, this is the album. With around 70 tracks in this album it covers every great song of Black Sabbath. The outstanding bass and drums through the years is visible. The improved brilliance of Iommi is obvious. And of course the prince of darkness, Ozzy, with his unique, mezmerizing voice. This album is a must for Metal lovers and Sabbath lovers. The book is also pretty amazing with the band speaking about each album in depth. The DVD's sound is great but not visually exciting in any way.

The lyrics are amazing, I mean the ultimate words of Iron Man, NIB, Paranoid, Electric Funeral, War Pigs and Children Of The Grave; can it get better than this. Brilliant lyrics by Ozzy, Iommi and Geezer. This album is just the proof of why Sabbath is one the greatest bands and Ozzy is one of the best vocalists ever. There will never be another Ozzy ever and never will there be a band which can achieve the peaks Sabbath did. A band par excellence, and an album that covers all the brilliant aspects of Sabbath.

Black sabbath's greatest songs feature in this album. Metal has basically three kings: Metallica, Black Sabbath and Iron Maiden. So if you want to know what metal is all about there are four albums I'll ask you to buy. Firstly, Black Box: The Complete Original Black Sabbath (1970-1978), Secondly Metallica: Master Of Puppets, Thirdly Metallica: Ride The Lightening and Iron Maiden: Best Of The Beast. Sabbath is among the greatest bands in metal ever, I stress on the importance of owning this collection because if you want one album which covers the greatest albums of Sabbath, this is it. The greatest songs like NIB, Paranoid, War Pigs, Iron Man, Electric Funeral, the unforgettable tracks are all here in this collection. Another reason I think this is worth owning is because it has a 80 odd paged book which has in it the band talking about what the band did between albums how they would rate the albums etc. For these reasons I believe this is a must have for any metal lover.