Black Box: The Complete Original Black Sabbath (1970-1978) review by Black Sabbath

• Released: Apr 27, 2004
Black Sabbath: Black Box: The Complete Original Black Sabbath (1970-1978)

Black sabbath are truley sensational band. This box collection has all of the greatest songs including the classics Paranoid and Ironman. They are considered the 'inventors' of heavy metal. Their best material were produced around the '70s, but after the firing of the lead singer Ozzy Osbourne. They never were same going through a lot of band members. But this box set has all of the classics.

The lyrics are amazing, with Ozzy's voice they go really well with the guitars, bass and drums. The lyrics are very imaginative like on the song Ironman (my favourite) some of words blend really well like "Is he live or dead, has he thoughts within his head" and "Killed the people he once saved." They are great like Ozzy.

Compared to other greatest hits and box sets this the best, because of the amount of good songs on there. Like I have said the best songs are Paranoid and Ironman which have both gone down as classic songs. If it was stolen I would definately buy it again even though I have moist of the songs on my iPod.

HisShortness
    i own it, its my bible. i would say the pillars of the genre are Sabbath Priest and Maiden. early Metallica is ok, but i think they did alot more harm to the genre than good by driving it in a more commercial direction. and they wish they were Slayer
    fLYinGV23
    Metal has basically three kings: Metallica, Black Sabbath and Iron Maiden. correction,.. one king BLACK SABBATH! they invented the stuff, ironmaiden is more 80's hair metal. metallica is metal but wouldnt be around if sabbath didnt start it. LONG LIVE BLACK SABBATH :headbang:
    I am the Drake
    How could you NOT be satisfied with this? The greatest collection by the greatest rock band of all time. What more could a Sabbath fan ask for? I've had it for a while and I love it!
    red blood
    Black Sabbath is the best band ever!!!!! That is untill ozzy left. I think when ozzy left the band fell apart you know