Black Sabbath review by Black Sabbath

Black Sabbath: Black Sabbath

First of all this album is totally different to any other Black Sabbath album. The sound quality is very good though, being thier first album and recorded in 1970 it is terrific. Some of the songs are very blusesy, such as the Evil Women song that was recorded at the same time the album was released but this track was not included for some reason. Excellent guitar riffs and solos by Tony Iommi (as always). I can listen to N.I.B. over and over again and not get tired of it. With Tony and Geezer both tuning thier guitars down one full step it makes for a much heavier guitar sound.

The lyrics written mostly by Geezer Butler. The song Black Sabbath is based on an experience that Geezer had with somekind of supernatural creature. The lyrics go with the music very well infact I think that this Sabbath album may have the best written lyrics of all the Sabbath albums. Ozzy's singing sound on this album is legendary, sounds as good as he ever has.

I think that Black Sabbath is much better than Led Zeppelin and Deep Purple, them being the two most heavy bands after Sabbath. Not that they are bad, I mean I have alot of Zeppelin and Purple albums to but there is just something about Black Sabbath. The most impressive songs on this album for me would have to be Black Sabbath, Behind The Wall Of Sleep and N.I.B. One thing I don't like is how the tracks have been put together, with Wasp, Basically and N.I.B. being one 9 minute track and also A Bit Of Finger, Sleeping Village and Warning all pieced together being a 14 minute track. If it were lost or stolen I would buy it again and I do reccomend this to any metal music fans.

Bloody Headache
    People say Led Zeppelin or Deep Purple started metal
    Nope, not as such. People would say they were the leaders in creating Heavy Rock; Zeppelin refused to be classified as Metal and Purple took a few albums before settling before their heavier sound. In truth I think this album isn't so different from Zeppelin's debut, I would clasify this as Metal as such it's much more like Heavy riff based blues. Paranoid was where Metal finally appeared as the complete genre, this album is more of a taster to what was to come.