Black Sabbath, Vol. 4 review by Black Sabbath

• Released: Nov 30, 1971
Black Sabbath: Black Sabbath, Vol. 4

Once again, another heavy album from the creators of Metal. This one's from 1973. Tony has come up with some great riffs on this, like Tomorrow's Dream, Under The Sun, Snowblind and Wheels of Confusion. Most of the songs have the same cool guitar tone, and I really like it. Ozzy's singing is great, as always and same goes for Geezer and Bill. A few songs on this album have cool melodic parts (like in Snowblind). I don't know why, but these parts feel really emotional to me.

I've always liked how the lyrics and music fit together in Sabbath songs. This album is no exception. The lyrics and music fit eachother's mood and fit very well. Ozzy can do the "sad" songs very well and you feel the emotion. Another successful album lyrically by Geezer Butler.

This is another great Sabbath album. My favourite songs on this are Under the Sun and Snowblind, but most of the rest are really good too. FX is clearly the weakest song on this album, and it's a mistake, just a filler, really. Even though most people probably won't like Laguna Sunrise (it's an acoustic instrumental), I respect it. It's a calming song and shows the playing skill of the band. There's a very wide range of songs on this, from Changes to Under The Sun, something for everyone!