Dehumanizer review by Black Sabbath

• Released: Jan 1, 1992
Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer

Man, this sounds classic, Sabbath needed this album, it might have not been a big seller here in North America, but is should have. Everything sounds great, Iommi always on his game, Geezer matching Iommi, Appice keeping that drum kit going with the right beat and Dio, what can I say about Dio? He sounds great in every album he does. This album is very heavy, really. Even thought it's heavy, Sabbath kept it sounding like Sabbath.

Dio, Geezer and Iommi are the best writers in heavy metal history, in my opinion. Their musical writing is just as good as their lyric writing. It's typical heavy metal lyrics, the doom of mankind, the path humans are taking to having androids in the future and eventually the androids get some kind of virus to destroy humans. I guess that's what the title means, 'De'Humanizer.

I'm very impressed with this album. Dio and Appice came back one more time to create a very well done album. To bad, eh? If they stayed for one more album, it could have been better than this one. The only thing I was disappointed with is 'It's too Late', in my opinion, please don't give me any shit for this, it should have been a ballad not a power ballad with the heavy stuff in between. They could have started out with the acoustic beginning with a fade in and kept it on the down side, the solo area was fine. And yeah, it has to be this heavy to match with the rest of the album, but this song could sound better. This album was surprisingly not hard to find, but if you don't have it, buy it. If you have it keep it. Keep on Rocking, Cheers.

SixStringSicko
    TheDisturbed78
    i was surprised to see this album on the home page, i thought theyd already have since its been out for like 15 years, either way this album rocks
    trendkill-
    SixStringSicko wrote: Sabbath is the best. I love this album. Iommi's my favorite guitar player. I can't wait to see Heaven and Hell in 3 weeks!
    lucky i didnt get tickets to the one hear i heard i was realy awesome
    Smitty370
    Well cause, nobody has writen a review about Dehumanizer on UG before.
    TheStraightener
    Mr.Bassanator wrote: you cant call sabbath sabbath without ozzy. they should have atleast changed the name
    Uh... NO! Ozzy barely did anything for the band! Iommi wrote like 99.5% of the songs, so it's his band, he's the one if the official rights to the name, and he can call the band whatever he wants.
    snoombers
    I am a fan of Iommi's playing, he's arguably the best musician in his genre. This album does exactly what it is suppose to do, showcase a grandmaster at his best
    DIOFan_92
    Really love this album. Its very underrated. Glad to see that UG team thinks it good too. Best in this album is its very dark sound nad lyrics. Dios eras Sabbath isa best, but I like Tony Martins and original too (thou Im not an fan of Ozzys singing).
    Cobalt Blue
    I hope your not expecting any Ozzy Sabbath songs, they don't play any... I expected atleast one. I've gotta get this, I've played Mob Rules & Heaven and Hell to death.