Heaven & Hell review by Black Sabbath

Black Sabbath: Heaven & Hell

I think this is a great album. It was released in 1980 and it's the band's first album without Ozzy. Ronnie James Dio is a great vocalist and really shows that on this album. Everything on this album is great: great guitars, great drums and great vocals. Most songs have a clean part to it and I love how the songs change, but still flow. One of Sabbath's best sounding albums!

Ronnie James Dio wrote most of the lyrics for this album. Once again, Black Sabbath gives us dark, meaningful lyrics and appropriate riffs to go along with the lyrics. Dio sings his heart out on this record and his lyrics are great. Stuff like "they say that life's a carousel, spinning fast you've got to ride it well" make the songs even better.

This is my 3rd favourite Black Sabbath album (behind Paranoid and Black Sabbath). My favourite songs on this album are Heaven and Hell, Children of The Sea and Die Young. All of them have that "epic" sound. Even the songs that aren't my favourite, I listen to quite a bit. Only thing I really want is more than 8 songs on this album. Since I bought this album on iTunes, it can't get lost, but I something happened (computer crash, whatever) I'd go buy it again. Black Sabbath was due for a change, and this was just what they needed.

CurbstompBass
    I prefer Dio myself. Ozzy's voice never really did it for me. This is my favorite Sabbath album.
    Edyspaghetti
    Ozzy's voice was unique which made him different and cool but Dio always seemed better to me.