Live Evil review by Black Sabbath

• Released: Jan 1, 1982
Black Sabbath: Live Evil

Live Evil presents the classic Dio/Sabbath sound. This album includes: E5150, Neon Knights, N.I.B., Children of the Sea, Voodoo, Black Sabbath, War Pigs, Iron Man, The Mob Rules, Sign of the Southern Cross/Heaven and Hell (Continued), Paranoid, Children of the Grave and "Fluff" which is just Dio talking about the album being released. It's the first official Live album from Black Sabbath, it was released in 1982 the tracks where recorded from concerts from Seattle, San Antonio and Dallas. All the sounds sound great with Dio on vocals and some extra drum and guitar solo's you know you're getting something a bit different.

The tracklist is made up of some of Ozzy's songs and some of Dio's songs which equals a great line-up. Many of the lyrics from the songs have a great sound with deep meaning and great rhyme and rythm. If you're just a casual sabbath listener and only thought sabbath existed with Ozzy Osbourne this will show you wrong and give you a plesent surprise with the souly vocals of Ronnie James Dio.

Being the first live album from Sabbath it was setting the benchmark and I feel they set it pretty high with great tracks from all there best selling albums and some hidden treasures. One of the most popular tracks on the album is a near 20-minute long medley that includes "Heaven And Hell" (with it's extended break-down section and additional lyrics), "Sign Of The Southern Cross", a guitar solo, and a reprise of "Heaven and Hell", other great tracks include the Dio classic Heaven And Hell and a unique War Pigs with a drum solo from the replacment drummer Vinny Appice with original drummer Bill Ward quiting from the band due to personal reasons. After the album was made Dio left after being accused of sneaking into the studio to turn up his vocals on the songs, after dio left so did Appice and joined him in his self named band "Dio". So if you are just a casual Sabbath listener this will show you the other side of the band and if you are a full on listener you should enjoy all the great tracks being sung by Dio live.

Floydian45
    I dissagree. I think Dio'd versions of some of the Ozzy songs were better on that Album. Specifically, I thought NIB, Children of the Grave and Iron Man were better with Dio singing.
    Dnalrafcmb3
    4th heheheeee..... don't like the album. Everything seems to be tuned like 1 half step up....its weird
    Cobalt Blue
    I wanna get this, i've always thought Dio singing on War Pigs would sound bad ass.
    metalhead_99801
    The version of Iron Man on this cd is pretty much what made me pick up guitar. And man, i'm glad I did.