Master of Reality review by Black Sabbath

• Released: Jul 21, 1971
Black Sabbath: Master of Reality

Defenitly a classic, probly the purest sabbath sound other than the first album. Very heavy, even though this CD isnt as loud as other CDs, I'd like to see a Sabbath remasters series other than the rediculously expensive black box, but remember, heavy isn't about the volume-its about the music.

Ozzy nailed it on this one. Very good and serious lyrics (but the exact opposite on sweet leaf). He brings it out more on songs like "After Forever" and "Children Of The Grave", but the other four are just simple heavy music, just how I like it.

Very good album. Put it on the 'must have' albums up with the first and second albums. The only place your money is waisted on are the two instrumentals, short and simple, nothing to brag about, unlike others by Sabbath such as "Rat Salad" and "Laguna Sunrise". But still, one of their best albums, 3rd in my opinion (Get Paranoid and Black Sabbath first). Gems stand out such as "Sweet Leaf" and "Children Of The Grave" of course, but dont forget "After Forever", "Into The Void" and one of my personal favorites, "Lord Of This World." Again, a classic album, dont pass it.