Master of Reality review by Black Sabbath

• Released: Jul 21, 1971
Black Sabbath: Master of Reality

The bands sound on this album is legendary. Probably the real beginning of metal music. With Tony and Geezer tuning down their guitars 2 full steps making that real heavy distorted guitar sound. Sweet Leaf on of the best metal songs of all time, with alot of todays nu metal bands doing a version of it themselves. After Forever a song about religion written by Tony Iommi. Embryo an instrumental piece written by Tony Iommi. Children Of The Grave another one of metal musics timeless classics that will never die and possibly one of Tony's best ever riffs. Orchid an acoustic instrumental piece written by Tony Iommi. Lord Of This World another great riff by Tony Iommi and a song that seems to be written about Satan? Solitude, very similar to the Planet Caravan song on the Paranoid album, but probably better lyrics on this song. Into The Void, another one of Sabbath's best ever tunes and great riff. Kickass solo in it aswell.

The lyric content in this album is slightly apart from any other Sabbath album. Sweet Leaf obviously being about drugs, After Forever being about religion, Embryo is instrumental, Children Of The Grave is about the children of the present and future, Orchid is another instrumental number. Lord Of This World is about Satan I believe, Solitude sounds like it is about love, Into The Void is about rockets and space travel. Ozzy sound marvellous on this album, some of his best ever work.

This would have to be my most favorite Black Sabbath album to date. The most impressive songs on this album for me are Into The Void, Sweet Leaf and Children Of The Grave. If it were lost or stolen I would buy it again straight away. I also reccomend this to any metal music fans as this is the beginning of metal in itself.

cole673
    sweet leaf and into the void are the best songs on this album,my favorite album by them..
    HisShortness
    i would say this is Sabbath's best album, and my personal favoriite album of all time.