Master of Reality review by Black Sabbath

• Released: Jul 21, 1971
Black Sabbath: Master of Reality

Ok this is the album is said to be the heaviest Sabbath album. I bought and I think it is and its kind of a change from there last album. Although it may have heavier songs like "Into the Void," "Children of the Grave," and "Sweet Leaf" it also had two instrumentals "Embryo" and "Orchid." "Orchid" is the instrumental I really liked. It aslo had a slow song called "Solitude" that had the same effects on the voice as the slow song from Paranoid called "Planet Caravan" but the change in this is that they use a flute in "Solitude" I like "Solitude" more that "Planet Caravan."

The lyrics were about different things. "Sweet Leaf" is about his love for weed. "Into the Void" I think is about global warming and things like that. And "Solitude" I think is a sad song about being alone. Ozzy, the lead singer, sounds the same as any other album. I personally don't think he is a good singer. But who needs a good voice for rock right? haha. But I'm giving this a nine because of ozzy's voice. I love his music but listen to his voice compared to Dio's

Overall this is a GREAT album. I love it and it's a classic for sure. Different styles of music are in this album. Some flute in "Solitude" and a classical instrumental "Orchid." My favorite songs on this album are "Sweet Leaf," "Lord of this World," "Solitude," "Orchid," and "Into the Void." This is an 8 track album and 5 of them are my favorites and the other 3 I still like. If someone like every song and most of them are favorites it's a great album!