Paranoid review by Black Sabbath

• Released: Sep 18, 1970
Black Sabbath: Paranoid

Black Sabbath's 2nd album is what got them popular. This is actually one of the heaviest albums of all metal. Many say Master of Reality (their 3rd album) is heavier than Paranoid, but Master was less fullfilling (still a good album, though), while Paranoid had an extremely clear and catchy sound. Track 3 was, unlike the rest, was light and used soft blues-like music.

The lyrics are awesome and meaningful: 01. "War Pigs/Luke's Wall" is about war and destruction. We can really learn a lot from this song. Luke's Wall is an instrumenta intro or outro. I don't know which. 02. "Paranoid" talks about a paranoid person, obviously. "Make a joke and I will sigh and you will laugh and I will cry. Happiness I cannot feel and love to me is so unreal" 03. "Planet Caravan" is the soft song I told you about earlier. Probably has something to do with celestials (?!?!?) 04. "Iron Man" is about a demonic Iron Man that seeks vengence on the people by killing them. 05. "Electric Funeral" a song about the apocalypse. One of the most strongest doom-metal tracks ever, in my opinion. 06. "Hand Of Doom" a track about someone addicted to drugs (judging by the lyric "you push the needle in", I'd say its Heroin). More of a warning to others. 07. "Rat Salad" a 2:30 instrumental with a big drum solo by Bill Ward. Still Good. 08. "Jack The Stripper/Fairies Wear Boots" the final track, a cool song about trippin' (seeing illusions). Jack the Stripper is the name of either the song's intro or outro.

You have to have this album. For a musician, not having this album is like playing in a band without a sense of rhythm (like a couple of nu-metal bands). There's probably a lot in stores nowadays for some reason, 'cause that's all of Sabbath I usually see everywhere. I personally reccomend "Iron Man" because of the coolest riff and solo.