Paranoid review by Black Sabbath

• Released: Sep 18, 1970
Black Sabbath: Paranoid

This is the first Black Sabbath album I've ever owned. My brother gave it to me a few months ago and I didn't listen to it until like a few weeks ago. Now, I can't stop listening to it. Tony Iommi is probably the greatest metal guitarist ever. He invented power chords, downtuning, and the "doomy" element that defines heavy metal, and he did it with two of his fingertips sliced off! The guitars sound so awesome. I don't really like how the bass follows so much of what the guitar plays, but that sounded cool then, so I won't gripe about that. Bill Ward's drumming is pretty cool and original too.

Ozzy writes awesome lyrics. He writes and performs them with such amazing mystery and passion. The lyrics go great with Tony's crunchy riffs. The only problem I realy had with Ozzy is he also sings in unison with the guitar riffs a lot. Other than that, Ozzy's contributions to Black Sabbath are awesome.

From the opening thunderstorms on "Black Sabbath" to the closing guitar solo on "NIB", this album is jam-packed with catchy, crunchy, innovative riffs, mind-blowing solos, great lyrics, and just pure originality. My personal favorites on this album were Black Sabbath, War Pigs, Iron Man, Paranoid, Children Of The Grave, Sabbath Bloody Sabbath, and Snowblind. I wish I would be as creative as Black Sabbath. These are songs that will be remembered far beyond our time. Tony Iommi has influnced countless, amazing musicians, to name a few, Zakk Wylde, Dimebag Darrell, Glenn Tipton, KK Drowling, James Hetfield, Kirk Hammett, Kerry King, the list of guitar heroes influenced by Black Sabbath could go on and on. I'd be very disappointed if I lost this CD. I'd find the person who stole it, beat them up, steal it back, and buy another one (for me), and then make him/her buy one as well. Don't miss this one.