Paranoid review by Black Sabbath

• Released: Sep 18, 1970
Black Sabbath: Paranoid

Let me first say that this is an amazing album and is one of classic metal's finest albums. From the opening power chord to "War Pigs" all the way to "Fairies Wear Boots" you are listening to real metal at it's finest. Tony Iommi is a great guitarist who made so many timeless riffs (Paranoid, Iron Man) that everybody knows. Say what you will about Ozzy but I feel he is a great rock n roll singer with very strong vocals. Geezer Butler is your average bassist, nothing special. The same can be said for Bill Ward. They may not be the most talented, but Black Sabbath can rock out like few bands can. Paranoid is a perfect example of that statement.

The lyrics featured in "Paranoid" are so great and really make you think about things. The tracks that stand out the best as far as lyrics go are "War Pigs", a song loosely about politicians during Vietnam. "Paranoid", a song about a crazy man's downward spiral. Neil Peart will always be my favorite lyric writer but Ozzy can write some good lyrics himself.

This album is a timeless classic that any true rock fan should already own. Black Sabbath started the metal revolution with bands like Iron Maiden and Metallica to follow in their footsteps. New metal is something I really don't like, but if metal stayed like Sabbath did it than metal would be a much more respected genre of music. I love this album and if it were stolen than that person would be in for a real treat. I wouldn't care if it were stolen because I have 2 copies and would feel good about the spread of Sabbath's great music. You should buy this album if you don't already own it, you would definately get your money's worth.