Paranoid review by Black Sabbath

• Released: Sep 18, 1970
Black Sabbath: Paranoid

This is probably one of the best sounding albums of the original Black Sabbath Line up, with great guitar work by metal guitar original Tony Iommi, and the legendary rhythm section Geezer Butler and Bill Ward. With some of the most legendary Riffs in history, like "War Pigs", "Paranoid", and "Iron Man", the sound is the best. The music is dark and bleak, like every Black Sabbath, with Evil Sounding Bass and Guitar Lines. It makes the noise and Sound of this album Unique. The Sound of this album is amazing.

The lyrics cover many things, like war, insanity, and science fiction. "Electric Funeral" is about nuclear war and the effects and after math. "Hand Of Doom" and "Fairies Wear Boots" are drug related songs. Ozzy's range in this album is very large, on the song like "War Pigs" his voice is very bluesy and totally different from songs like "Electric Funeral". On the song "Planet Caravan" his voice is strange and very relaxing, and the music on the track matches with very relaxing melodies. On songs like "Iron Man" the music is very dark and the matches Ozzy's dark voice well, and on "Paranoid" the music is also very well matched with fast paced rhythm and Ozzy singing fast also. Very strong lyrics.

This is an amazing album, Black Sabbath at there best. Helping to boost them into the spotlight with some of heavy metal's greatest hits, it shows how great of musicians every member is. Every Song is great but if I had to choose I would say: "War Pigs", "Paranoid", "Iron Man", and "Fairies Wear Boots."

ZGS
    anyone out there? I can't be the only Sabbath nut here!
    ZGS
    One of Sabbath's most enaging albums! I thought that the stuff off of Master of Reality and Vol. 4 was their peak though. The first 4 of their albums were the best. Not just for them, but for the entire metal genre.
    theguitarist
    Checked/Deleted. (All new vs old metal or any other similar pointless bickering has been deleted.
    will22
    IM KINDA NEW TO SABBATH,I REALLY WANA GET INTO THEM WHATS THE FIRST ALBUM I SHOULD BUY???
    Letsrun98
    know what i like most about the song paranoid on the album paranoid that it sounds like a mixture of two great songs off led zeppelins first album in 1969 dazed and confused and communication breakdown
    Letsrun98
    some guy said scorpion started heavy metal in my opinion i think cream did... well at least before sabbath did and scorpion
    rock_and_blues
    Lestrun98, are you kiddding me? cream in no way started metal, they were just 3 flower power hippies...Black Sabbath were metal. They were dark, demonic, pessimistic, doomy, had way heavier riffs than Cream, and they were downtuning to unbeleivable levels (at the time) by their third album. And Sabbaths roots were not Cream, I know for a fact Tony Iommi was influenced by black American bluesman and jazz artists like Django Rheinhardt.