Paranoid review by Black Sabbath

• Released: Sep 18, 1970
Black Sabbath: Paranoid

All of Black Sabbath's riffs are simple, yet all of them are brilliant. One of the things that's great about this band is that if you can't understand the lyrics, you can know the song's message by the music itself. With War Pigs, you can just feel the effects of the war in the music (plus the Luke's Wall outro is awesome). With Iron Man, you can jsut feel the doom (and it's the most memorable riff of all time). With Paranoid, you can just feel the craziness. With Electric Funeral, you can really feel the impending doom. With Fairies Wear Boots, you can just feel the want to ask, "Man were they high." With Hand of Doom and Rat Salade, you as well can feel the doom coming. Then to end of the album, Planet Caravan just calms you down and puts you in another world. The music is always the most important part, and on this album, Black Sabbath aces that with flying colours and caravans.

Ozzy may be an extremely overrated singer, but the fact is, his vocals fit perfectly well with the music. With every song, his vocals are like the perfect puzzle piece of the music (other then Rat Salade for obvious reasons). As for the lyrics themselves, they are written really well. This is probably their best album for this category (actually, nevermind, this is probably their best album overall).

Their original debut album, Black Sabbath, set the stage for heavy metal and hard rock n' roll. Then they come out with this album and follow through exceptionally well. Everything is just done very well, and I have no real complaints. Some of Black Sabbath's best songs are on this album. If you love heavy metal and classic hard rock n' roll, then if you haven't listened anything from this album, then all I can say is, what the hell are doing? Get this album!

RamonesRock
    will22 wrote: IM KINDA NEW TO SABBATH,I REALLY WANA GET INTO THEM WHATS THE FIRST ALBUM I SHOULD BUY???
    ALL OF THEM
    ApeOfJustice
    The first one I bought was Powerslave and I still listen to it now, great album.