Paranoid review by Black Sabbath

• Released: Sep 18, 1970
Black Sabbath: Paranoid

Simple Heavy Metal riffs at their best. Made in 1970, this album is nothing but pure metal, as it was one of the first ever. Iommi's use of simple riffs, along with their classic "doomy" sound has never been better. With some melodic phrases, but mostly heavy riffs, an all around amazing album.

A wide variety of lyrics are on this album. Ranging from sort of meaningless lyrics like in Iron Man to politically active ones in War Pigs and to dark lyrics like in Hand Of Doom. I've always loved Ozzy's voice and this album only makes him better. As always, Iommi and Geezer Butler worked well, making the lyrics fit the mode of the music.

This album is definately in my "Top". It helped define Heavy Metal and is a classic. Top songs on this album: War Pigs, Paranoid and Iron Man, all of which are well-known and AWESOME! I'd definately go buy/download this again if it went missing, as my Black Sabbath collection would be nothing without this album. Amazing album!

pootoob
    death_bat wrote: everybody knows black sabbath didnt start heav metal... scorpion did!!!!! and btw new metal is good like a7x, cannibal corpse, slipknot... there all ****ing awesome you just dont like good music!!! shreddin 4 life is much smarter then the rest of you are!!!
    I like new metal. Cannibal Corpse are originated in late 80's or early 90's, so they hardly count as new, but that's beside the point, cos if you think Cannibla Corpse are a grat band, you, good sir, have a severe lack of taste. A7X are basically the worst band IN THE WORLD,
    ApeOfJustice wrote: will22 wrote: IM KINDA NEW TO SABBATH,I REALLY WANA GET INTO THEM WHATS THE FIRST ALBUM I SHOULD BUY??? The first one I bought was Powerslave and I still listen to it now, great album.
    I don't even know where to begin with you> you're a complete douche. Powerslave isn't Black Sabbath. Come on, man. Paranoid is a solid ****in' record by the way.