Reunion review by Black Sabbath

• Released: Oct 20, 1998
Black Sabbath: Reunion

I don't yet own this album, but I have listened to the majority of the tracks from this remarkable live album, and I'm not talking about the studio versions but live tracks straight from this one. It was recorded live in Birmingham, England (Sabbath's hometown) on the Reunion tour, in 1998 (I'm sure it was) so the sound is very fresh. Tony Iommi played heavier than ever. Ozzy was excellent in his singing. The selftitled "Black Sabbath"'s rainstorm-intro was realistic enough to trick me into thinking they actually recorded that track in the rain. I liked Bill Ward's drums especially on "NIB" and "Snowblind". Geezer Butler (Bass) played more intense, on my perspective. I'll unhesitatingly buy this album if it ever comes back in stores, but I can't find them anywheres. Must be a popular album, I figure.

Albums usually get Explicit Content stickers because they curse in their lyrics or something. Ozzy cursed to the audience, ex. "Come on, lets rock this f--king place, now!" or "Lets get f--king crazy, come on !" or "we're not gonna continue until we hear the f--king roofrastle, come on!" etc. So it got Explicit content. The lyrics are great stuff, "Snowblind" and "Sweet Leaf" talk of drugs, "Electric Funeral", etc. Talk of doom and destruction, but they are not inducing those dangers to the audience. I would say, warning us.

"Iron Man" was most impressive, and Sabbath takes home a Grammy Award for that song. Buy it, if you can ever find it in stores - good luck. If not, order it online or buy songs off iTunes.com or buymusic.com. If you download it for free, you may get the pleasure but it is dishonorable to Sabbath. Respect the founders of heavy metal, man! If it gets stolen, steal it back or re-buy it or something! This live album is awesome, so stop gazing at the computer monitor and hunt for it, now!