Sabotage review by Black Sabbath

• Released: Jul 28, 1975
Black Sabbath: Sabotage

Sabotage is quite possibly the best Sabbath album produced. It contains Iommi's trademark heavy sound, but introduces a lot more fast playing than in some of the previous albums. It really shows the band's progression into its true calling. If you actually pay attention to the songs, you'll find that each one tells a very intricate and interesting story. For instance, The Writ is about the band's managers who completely ripped them off. I'll leave the rest for you to figure out.

I can sum up the singing in two words: Ozzy Osbourne. Of course, this wouldn't be much of a review if I did. Anyway, Geezer did a beautiful job with the lyrics, as usual. The song Thr Thrill of It All still gives me a rush every time I listen to it. Lyrical genius, I say. I can't see any possible way for the lyrics to fit the music any more. Simply perfection.

Keep in mind that this is Black Sabbath that we're dealing with the single greatest metal band of all time. This is, in my opinion, their crowning achievement. A simply amazing list of songs. There is even some strange (but still quite interesting) music on the album, namely the song Supertzar, an instrumental. I've heard that this was Iommi experimenting with his style. The album ranges from the sweetly heavy Symptoms of the Universe, which completely turns around with a jazzy ending, to the epic Megalomania and the strange (that's the best word) Am I Going Insane. I highly suggest purchasing this album if you have not already. The magic of Black Sabbath will flow out of your speakers!