The Black Sabbath Story, Vol. 1 [DVD] review by Black Sabbath

• Released: Sep 24, 2002
  • Content: 9
  • Production Quality: 10
Black Sabbath: The Black Sabbath Story, Vol. 1 [DVD]

'The Black Sabbath Story, Vol. 1' is a story of the years with Ozzy Osbourne (1970-1978). The music showed on the DVD songwise is great but there a few tracks that could be replaced with others. The sound quality is good and the images look good.

Content — 9
The DVD is structered with an interview (with Tony and Gezer, yes, no Bill or Ozzy)then a song is played. There is footage from gigs, shows and studios from a range of differnt years (1970-1978). The set list is: 01. NIB 02. Paranoid 03. War Pigs 04. Children Of The Grave 05. Snowblind 06. Sabbath Bloody Sabbath 07. Symptom Of The Universe 08. It's Alright 09. Rock And Roll Doctor 10. Never Say Die 11. Hard Road I Think this not a bad set list but could replace Rock And Roll Doctor with a better song. The DVD has some pretty decent extra features, interveiws with Jim Simpson (Sabbath manager) and an album gallery.

Production Quality — 10
The production quality is spot on, especially on songs like War Pigs and NIB. which was shot in 1970. It has really good image and sound quality wise. The only downer is the film quality on Rock And Roll Doctor and It's Alright. Overall, pretty good.

This is probably one of the best Black Sabbath DVD's released. I like the set list and interviews included which educate you about the band history. There could be some better songs on here like Black Sabbath and Iron Man, but is still great. If it were stolen I would buy a new copy.

The Iron Man
    Ya I have it. You know how sometimes you buy music dvd's and you stop watching them after a while? I have never gotten tired of it. I watch it over and over. They have a very funny story in one of the interviews too
    ryangardenour
    It looks pretty good... but it needs Paranoid, Iron Man, and Fairies Wear Boots, then it would be great.
    thelordofguitar
    The Iron Man
    "i have this dvd and it kicks ass. The only bad part about is the song its alright. Not a very good song choice. Other than that its a good dvd." I freakin love that song. Rock and roll doctor has to go.