The Last Supper [DVD] review by Black Sabbath

• Released: Jan 11, 2000
  • Content: 8
  • Production Quality: 8
Black Sabbath: The Last Supper [DVD]

Although they are old and have dealed with many drug addictions during their lives, Black Sabbath sounds as good as ever on this album. Ozzy, surprisingly, can still sing very well, and Iommi and Geezer sure can play.

Content — 8
The DVD doesn't really have any special features, but it does have little interviews in between (and sometimes in the middle of) songs. I do not really like it when they have interviews right in the middle of songs, as it kind-of ruins the experience of watching the song. The interviews are great, however. This live concert DVD has all of the old Sabbath favorites, ones that fans old and new will know and remember.

Production Quality — 8
It was actually produced very well. Especially during the concerts, the camera seemed to fit the songs perfectly. What kind of gets me a little mad, however, is that during the interviews it is hard to hear what Ozzy is saying. I think they should have put in subtitles for help, although most of it was understandable.

This DVD is probably one of the best live ones out there today. It's from a great band with great members. The most impressive thing on this DVD is probably seeing Sabbath out there playing and rocking hard even at their old age. We salute you, Black Sabbath!