The Last Supper [DVD] review by Black Sabbath

• Released: Jan 11, 2000
  • Content: 9
  • Production Quality: 8
Black Sabbath: The Last Supper [DVD]

The bands sound awsome! This is by far the best I have ever seen Sabbath live on stage. Ozzy's vocals sound amazing and better than ever, Geezer's bass sounds fantastic on the Basically track before N.I.B. Bill Ward looks like he is having a ball up there behind the drum kit. What can I say about Tony's guitar it is absolutely legendary. He improvises the solo to Black Sabbath with a wah and sounds great. Everything is played the old ways, detuning the guitar and bass. I noticed that Electric Funeral, Iron Man and War Pigs were played with a C# tuning when they were originally recorded using a D tuning. N.I.B, Black Sabbath, Fairies Wear Boots and Paranoid were played with a D tuning. Either way it still sounds good.

Content — 9
This is a compilation of the best Sabbath songs of all time. It is a live concert. I think that songs like Tomorrow's Dream and Thrill Of It All could have replaced songs like After Forever. On annoying thing though is that halfway through songs there are interviews with the band members. This is very annoying seen as though most of them are done when Tony is just about to go into a blistering solo. They are very interesting interviews but I think they should have been saved for a special features or something. There is a very cool short documentary included in the special features.

Production Quality — 8
The picture and sound quality is great. I just don't like the idea of the interviews in the middle of songs.

I think that this would have to be one of the best live Sabbath concerts ever recorded, although I havn't seen the Never Say Die concert from 1978 yet. The most impressive thing for me on this DVD is probably solo Tony plays during the Black Sabbath song. If it were lost or stolen I would buy it again. I would reccomend this to any Sabbath fan, although if you are truly a Sabbath fan you have probably already got it or went and seen the concert.