The Last Supper [DVD] review by Black Sabbath

• Released: Jan 11, 2000
  • Content: 8
  • Production Quality: 10
Black Sabbath: The Last Supper [DVD]

This DVD is a great documentation of the sabbath comeback tour in 1999. They sound as heavy as ever as if the 25 or so years since Ozzy's departure had never happened. The band is a well oiled concert machine.

Content — 8
"The Last Supper" is a live concert DVD featuring 13 songs spanning the bands career while the four original members were together. The set list of as follows: "War Pigs", "N.I.B.", "Electric Funeral", "Fairies Wear Boots", "Into The Void", "Sweet Leaf", "Snowblind", "After Forever", "Dirty Women", "Black Sabbath", "Iron Man", "Children Of The Grave", "Paranoid". The footage is gorgeous! Also, small interviews with members if the band are woven into many of the songs. They are interesting, but honestly take a little away from the cinder footage since they cover up some intros, stage banter, and even Tony Iommi's guitar solos on occasion.

Production Quality — 10
The sound is amazing. Wouldn't change a thing here. No flashy overdone effects, just live rock 'n' roll.

It is among the better live dvds I have owned. Definitely worth the money. If stolen, I would buy it again. My favorite part of this DVD is the song selection and the footage itself. Sabbath is really at the top of their game here. My least favorite thing would have to be the fact that the band interviews completely interrupt the concert.

tonulnulsyv
    It's a great show, but the editor has to be blind. Please notice how Bill is having a t-shirt on when filmed from behind but no t-shirt on any other shots or big screen video. That's just plain sloppy. Otherwise gr8