The Last Supper [DVD] Review

artist: Black Sabbath date: 07/04/2011 category: compact discs
Black Sabbath: The Last Supper [DVD]
Released: January 11, 2000
The Last Supper is the first-ever live DVD from legendary metal superstars Black Sabbath, which includes all of Sabbath's biggest hits performed live. The Last Supper features all of the original members of Black Sabbath on their sold-out 1999 Reunion tour, and includes behind-the-scenes interviews and tour photos.
 Content: 7.8
 Production Quality: 8.5
 8.8
 8.7
 8.9
 1,454
The Last Supper [DVD] Reviewed by: don spurway, on june 15, 2005

Sound: The album was recorded in the '90s, quite some time after they disbanded. The original line-up get together for classic Sabbath. Each member sounds good as ever, it's amazing to think that Ozzy is so messed up from drugs, he still puts on a good show. // 10

Overall Impression: As I said earlier, the rediculous interviews in the middle of songs take alot away from the experience, but still, the set lists is awesome and the guys play with as much power and tightness as always. // 8

The Last Supper [DVD] Reviewed by: ilovemyepi, on march 14, 2006

Sound: Although they are old and have dealed with many drug addictions during their lives, Black Sabbath sounds as good as ever on this album. Ozzy, surprisingly, can still sing very well, and Iommi and Geezer sure can play. // 9

Overall Impression: This DVD is probably one of the best live ones out there today. It's from a great band with great members. The most impressive thing on this DVD is probably seeing Sabbath out there playing and rocking hard even at their old age. We salute you, Black Sabbath! // 9

The Last Supper [DVD] Reviewed by: Johnny Blade, on june 22, 2006

Sound: The bands sound awsome! This is by far the best I have ever seen Sabbath live on stage. Ozzy's vocals sound amazing and better than ever, Geezer's bass sounds fantastic on the Basically track before N.I.B. Bill Ward looks like he is having a ball up there behind the drum kit. What can I say about Tony's guitar it is absolutely legendary. He improvises the solo to Black Sabbath with a wah and sounds great. Everything is played the old ways, detuning the guitar and bass. I noticed that Electric Funeral, Iron Man and War Pigs were played with a C# tuning when they were originally recorded using a D tuning. N.I.B, Black Sabbath, Fairies Wear Boots and Paranoid were played with a D tuning. Either way it still sounds good. // 9

Overall Impression: I think that this would have to be one of the best live Sabbath concerts ever recorded, although I havn't seen the Never Say Die concert from 1978 yet. The most impressive thing for me on this DVD is probably solo Tony plays during the Black Sabbath song. If it were lost or stolen I would buy it again. I would reccomend this to any Sabbath fan, although if you are truly a Sabbath fan you have probably already got it or went and seen the concert. // 9

The Last Supper [DVD] Reviewed by: PerryJett92, on july 04, 2011

Sound: This DVD is a great documentation of the sabbath comeback tour in 1999. They sound as heavy as ever as if the 25 or so years since Ozzy's departure had never happened. The band is a well oiled concert machine. // 10

Overall Impression: It is among the better live dvds I have owned. Definitely worth the money. If stolen, I would buy it again. My favorite part of this DVD is the song selection and the footage itself. Sabbath is really at the top of their game here. My least favorite thing would have to be the fact that the band interviews completely interrupt the concert. // 9

Comments