The Mob Rules review by Black Sabbath

• Released: Nov 4, 1981
Black Sabbath: The Mob Rules

This is Black Sabbath's 1981 album, and second with Ronnie James Dio as their vocalist and first with drummer Vinnie Appice. I'd say this album has a bit more catchy sound to it, but it's still a very heavy sounding album. Good album to headbang along to. Most of the songs all have a less dark sound to it than previous Sabbath albums (Heaven and Hell and Black Sabbath type ones). My favourite song on this album is The Sign Of The Southern Cross and I was least pleased by E5150.

As I've said before, Dio is a very good singer. And Sabbath is very good with matching lyrics to music. No exceptions on this album. Sign of The Southern Cross's epic lyrics and guitar parts are perfect for eachother. Dio's got some great lyrics on his Black Sabbath albums.

This is quite similar in sound to the album Paranoid because it's not too dark or evil. Everything sounds really good and it's mixed well. I think that E5150 is a really dumb song, and ruins part of the album. All in all, another good Sabbath album that I'd go download again if it got lost (most songs I'd download again.)