Tony Iommi - Inside Black Sabbath [DVD] review by Black Sabbath

• Released: Dec 10, 2002
  • Content: 9
  • Production Quality: 7
Black Sabbath: Tony Iommi - Inside Black Sabbath [DVD]

This is a documentary on Black Sabbath. The sound quality isn't that great at all, especially on the songs. It looks like it has been taken straight from a VHS with no remastering at all. The sound of Iommi's guitar playing on his own is still legendary though.

Content — 9
This is a documantary as I pointed out. It features clips of vintage Sabbath playing on stage throughout the interview with Tony Iommi. It is very good though, despite the sound and picture quality. Besides interviews and short snippets of Sabbath performing live on stage there are also 2 full length promo videos of Feels Good To Me and The Headless Cross. There is also footage of The Ian Gillan Band performing Smoke On The Water for some reason. Tony explains how Black Sabbath wrote and worked together and also points out how his style of guitar playing developed. Tony also displays his favourite guitars and explains who made them and why they are his favorites.

Production Quality — 7
The picture quality is pretty bad. Despite that though this DVD is very good and interesting to watch.

The Black Sabbath Story DVDs are probably better than this one becuase this DVD only interviews Tony Iommi and not the other members of Black Sabbath. The most impressive thing on this DVD for me is Tony playing his guitar by himself in the studio, it sounds great. If it were lost or stolen I would buy it again for sure. I also reccomend this to any Black Sabbath fan as a must have DVD.