We Sold Our Soul For Rock 'N' Roll review by Black Sabbath

• Released: Jan 1, 1975
Black Sabbath: We Sold Our Soul For Rock 'N' Roll

This is the band that pretty much made metal. They are by far the most influencial band ever, and they are at their best in this album. Tony Iommi's solos are some of my favorite guitar solos that I have ever heard (remember when bands used to have guitar solos?). Key tracks: "Iron Man", "War Pigs", "Sabbath, Bloody Sabbath". This is a very diverse album. For example, in the song "Sabbath, Bloody Sabbath" the verse is straight-forward rock 'n' roll. The chorus sounds like a classic rock song, and somewhat lighter feeling. After the second chorus there is an amazingly great sounding guitar solo, followed by one of the fvkking heaviest riffs ever written.

This band's lyrics aren't the cliche "I hate you" or satanist lyrics of all these trendy nu-metal bands of today. Ozzy sings about everything from love to drugs to war; he sings about things that actually mean something. He's also got one of the best voices for a metal band.

All in all, this album is definitely worth buying. For those of you who would rather listen to nu-metal, THIS IS THE BAND THAT MADE METAL. Nu-metal bands are the ones that are ruining Black Sabbath's creation. Put away your SlipKnot CD's and go get this CD. You'll wonder how SlipKnot could turn Black Sabbath's creation of heavy metal into a pile of crap.