We Sold Our Soul For Rock 'N' Roll review by Black Sabbath

• Released: Jan 1, 1975
Black Sabbath: We Sold Our Soul For Rock 'N' Roll

I have heard Sabbath on the radio once and a while but I never got into the band until I bought We Sold Our Souls For Rock & Roll. The sound of this album which is mixed up of their hits from 1970-1976 is very unique as they were the only band making music like this back then. They literaly invented metal. The sound recording on the record is outdated but what do you expect? They are from the '70s.

Ozzy's lyrics really go along with the music well. Very druggy and dark but still has a bit of meaning. My personnal favourite song War Pigs has lyrics all about war and the waste of life it all is. While Children Of The Grave is all about nuclear destruction and wether the world will end up being destroyed by the bombs. Strong lyrics considering it was written during the superweapon control rush. I think the lyrics on this album suit the music well so ill give it a 5.

This is a great album if you want to get into Sabbath. It has 14 great songs which include the hits from Paranoid and Master Of Reality. I don't know Sabbath well enough to name the other albums. Iommi is a guitar genious and I have spent my days figuring out War Pigs, Fairies Wear Boots, Black Sabbath, and Sabbath Bloody Sabbath. If it were stolen I'd pound the thiefs nuts in and take it back, it is a worthy buy. I highly recommend this album!