Just Another Drug [EP] Review

Black Tide: Just Another Drug [EP]
Released: Aug 21, 2012
Genre: Hard Rock, Metalcore
Label: Interscope
If you like radio rock, this might be the EP for you. This one sounds like it belongs in the 3 Doors Down section.
 6.8
 7.5
review (1) 2 comments vote for this album:
Just Another Drug [EP] Reviewed by: crazyflamey, on august 27, 2012

Sound: After the albums "Light From Above" and "Post Mortem", Black Tide have released an EP called "Just Another Drug". "Light From Above" was an '80s trash metal kind of album. "Post Mortem" sounded like it belonged a bit more in the BFMV/A7X section than their previous setting. This one sounds like it belongs in the 3 Doors Down section. Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike this record. I think it's fun to listen to and has some catchy moments. Unfortunately, this doesn't stop it from sounding generic, with two out of four songs with same kind of riffs. // 6

Lyrics: The lyrics don't stand out that much, they're forgettable, but they're not too cheesy either. I like the lyrics better than on previous release "Post Mortem". The problem that I had with "Post Mortem" was that Gabe's voice got irritating after a while. Not his fault, but I have the same with Avenged Sevenfold. It's a bit of a love hate relationship. On this record Gabe seems to be singing different. A way that doesn't bug me like some songs on "Post Mortem" did. I like his singing better on this record than the previous records. // 6

Overall Impression: All and all, you can't say that all Black Tide releases sound the same (unlike some of their riffs). If you like radio rock, this might be the EP for you. If you liked "Post Mortem" this might be worth checking out. If you only like "Light From Above", or Metal in general, then you might want to skip this one. It's a decent sounding EP. Not groundbreaking, but if you have some free time and feel like some good old fashioned rock, check this one out. // 6

Comments