Black Veil Brides review by Black Veil Brides

• Released: Oct 27, 2014
Black Veil Brides: Black Veil Brides

I may get a lot of hate for this review, but first I'm going to try and explain. The Black Veil Brides are not the posers you think they are! No, I'm not a 12 year old girl and I think this is an absolute solid album! Now, my biggest (well, my only) criticism of this band and their sound has been the singer. I found him frankly annoying, and he simply didn't sound like a metal singer. Or he didn't even sound like he was trying. This album has changed my perspective on this. The guy can really sing! He contributes a lot to their sound and no - despite the rumours - he does not use autotune. Throughout the album, he is clean, accurate and when he needs to he can growl like the best of black metalists.

If you can't give the band props for the singing. Then it's almost impossible to doubt the ability of the highly talented guitarist. Throughout the album, a distorted wall of metal riffs are a constant. The solos are shredded like the best of them. The riffs and chords are played impeccably and are always easy listening, heavy and easy to headbang to! (Which counts for a lot, right?) And lets face it, listening to the solos, it definitely seems there is very little the lead guitarist is incapable of.

Lyrically, this album is up-to-scratch. Many of the tracks have the feel of metal anthems that would make Ozzy and KISS proud! Throughout the album, the lyrics are totally and utterly accurate to the feel of the song. Now, being honest... He's not the best singer in the world. He's also from what I've seen, not the nicest guy in the world. That never stopped people from loving plenty of rock 'n' roll vocalists before him though, and shouldn't stop them now. His attitude is the biggest downside of the band. He can, however, hold his own when singing and his screams are metal as they come.

This, in my opinion is by far the best album Black Veil Brides has ever produced. With deep, meaningful songs like "Goodbye Agony" to heavy rock anthems like "Heart of Fire." I really appreciate that BVB don't try and be anything that they're not. This is a solid metal album with solid solos and solid vocals. Frankly, as far as metal albums go, I simply can't fault it. It's definitely an excellent addition to any metal heads album collection, and is one you would want to listen to over and over again. So, I beg of you. Do not let prejudice get in the way of what you think of this band. Their music is solid, they write most of it (more than Metallica do, to all those "I'm a real metal head" guys), and they deserve far more credit than they deserve. I mean lets face it, 90% of people who hate on this band are ones that have never heard them. I urge you, don't listen to what other people say. Listen to this album, form your own opinion. I promise you won't be disappointed.