Set The World On Fire review by Black Veil Brides

• Released: Jun 14, 2011
Black Veil Brides: Set The World On Fire

Black Veil Brides is a very encouraging band, constantly in their songs you can see over and over again that they are telling us never to give up. And it's okay to be different. I mean, a lot of people make fun of them for the way they dress, but not only is that their image, but to me, it seems their saying "We don't care what you think about us." When I hear Black Veil Brides something changes, I feel as if the problems in my life mean nothing, and that what people say doesn't matter. And when people do mock me for who I am, or what I listen to. I think of Black Veil Brides, and especially, this album. I also think Jake Pitts and Jinx have an awesome playing style. I love when two guitars can be perfectly in sink with one another. It makes a great sound, and it's something few people can do well.

My favorite song on this album is "Fallen Angels". Such a powerful song, with great meaning. I love the lyrics. "Take joy in who you are, we know are wings are flawed. We're bored to death in heaven, and don't belong in hell, we only want to be ourselves." Of course, an album is not made up from one song. (Not a good one anyway). I also loved "New Religion", "Set The World On Fire", "God Bless You", "Rebel Love Song", "Savior", and "Youth And Whiskey". Of course, as much as I love Black Veil Brides, their is one song I didn't like all that much, which was I would die for you. Just my opinion. As for the skills of the singer, I think Andy has an incredible range in vocal tone. He hits the high notes well, the low ones, and screams like no one I've ever heard. He truly is an incredible star.

The most impressive songs on this album are "Fallen Angels", "New Religion", and "Youth And Whiskey". Although there are two songs I do not care for. "Love Isn't Always Fair", and "I Would Die For You". "God Bless You" is the in between like and dislike for me. I love the music on the intro and the verse, but the chorus just feels like it's missing something. There's build up in the guitars, and then when you expect it just to explode... Nothing. If this CD was lost or stolen, I would buy it again. Because despite the albums flaws, despite what people think, it is a very encouraging album. And has a good message. If everyone stood together, we truly could set the world on fire.

Camron62\m/
    this band would be DECENT if they didn't confuse my hormones with their image and if Andy sung in a more fitting style. Or if he gets replaced.