We Stitch These Wounds review by Black Veil Brides

logo Ultimate Guitar
  • Released: Jul 20, 2010
  • Sound: 5
  • Lyrics: 6
  • Overall Impression: 5
  • Reviewer's score: 5.3 Decent
  • Users' score: 5.6 (216 votes)
Black Veil Brides: We Stitch These Wounds
0

Sound — 5
The CD starts with a 32 second intro of a dude introducing the Black Veil Brides. The first song "We Stitch These Wounds" starts off with a very A7X feel to it. Once Andy Six starts singing (Wtf? Six you have got to be kidding me. He can't even come up with his own name)all hope of me liking this band a lot has vanished. He isn't a bad singer, but I just dislike it. If they had a different singer then for sure this band would be great. But every single songs it seems like he sings it the same as the last. The guitar work is by far the best thing for this band. But even that get's old after a couple of songs. It's the same riffs we've heard, only they can't make it work. Back to the singing, when Andy screams it just sounds forced into the song. As if they couldn't come up with nothing else to do for that part of the song so he just screamed. The drums are actually very good imo. The bit of joy I got from listening to BVB is when the solo came. But even that makes me say, "How much of the same thing over and over again can we take!?" I think they should at least get rid of Andy's singing and keep his screaming and just get a new singer. That could possibly work. But we have to remember that the only reason these douchebags are famous is because of fan girls obsessing over them! They are like the Justin Bieber of emo music/metal. It's just idiotic. They put up an image of being emo just because it's what is "cool" now a days. And the girls (maybe even some dudes) love it! I've read people that said that Andy sixx has said something a long the lines of, "Be who you want to be and not care about what others think." And yet he's dressing up, putting make up on, and acting like he has the worst life in the world. The whole band is a bunch of hypocrites. Once the emo phase passes no one will remember them. Overall they get a 5 and that's just me being a nice guy. After 5 songs of the album I got so bored I had to listen to better music for an hour until I could finish the whole album. I really can't believe that their "Knives and Pens" video has more then 13 million views. They do not deserve that kind of recognition. For the fan girls that I know are going to bash on me, I am not jealous of their success. Because seriously I would rather not be a "Rockstar" if I had to play the way they do and dress the way they do. I would rather work at Burger King. In probably 3 years no one will remember them so really who cares? The album is a "ehhh" in my point of view.

Lyrics — 6
The lyrics are alright. But they also seem robotic. As if Andy just sat down and said "Alright what sounds emo and rhymes" And wrote down what came to mind. There are some songs where I can say the lyrics are great like in "We Stitch These Wounds" The lyrics are actually ok to listen to. But other then a couple lyrics here and there. There isn't anything special about them. (I know my grammar sucks don't tell me)

Overall Impression — 5
Overall if this band would come on the radio I wouldn't change the station but I wouldn't enjoy it either. For me they are the kind of band that I can care less for but if my friend plays them I won't get that irritated. The most impressive song is probably "The Morticians Daughter" Just because it's the most different song from all of the others. I wanna point out that in 2 songs "Heaven's Calling" and "Children Surrender" They completely stop playing and start again a couple of seconds later. I tend to like that because it gets me pumped. But for some reason it just seems stupid when they do it. There isn't that feeling in it you know? I don't encourage you to go buy the album but I won't tell you off if you do.

11 comments sorted by best / new / date

    andrewjf
    i have to say, this album was kind of a letdown. lyrics are weak, music isn't as great as it was hyped up to be
    bvb-forever234
    Why do you all hate them so much seriously..? YOU DONT EVEN KNOW THEM..! and why does everyone think theyre emo because its "cool"..? If you havent noticed idiots being emo isnt cool..everyone make fun of them..And these guys are awsome at least they support there fans instead of being stuck up dicks prolly like half the shit you listen too...and Andy Sixx is a ****ing amazing singer/screamer...and i dont think that "because hes cute"...And for those people that think they have a 13 year old fan base..they have all ****ing teenagers..AND IF YOU HATE THEM SO MUCH WHY DO YOU WASTE YOUR TIME REVIEWING THIS PAGE..?!?!?!?! SERIOUSLY GO AWAY NO ONE CARES WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY..!!!
    bvb-forever234
    and how are all theyre songs the same..?! if you think that your either def or brain dead because theyre not.
    bvb-forever234
    and a couple more things...1..how can you say they suck at playing guitar..for one thing any of you guys couldnt do better..and they are amazing..seriously..2..why do you make fun of them for how they look..? Its not always them that picks theyre styles in videos its the record companies dumbasses..shows how much you know about music...if you would see them on a normal day theyd look normal except the eyeliner but its not like it is onstage...3..how are theyre lyrics weak..seriously do you guys even know what knifes and pens is about...obviously not..cause all theyre songs mean something..knifes and pens is about sticking up for yourself and trying your hardest when noones there for you and how people stick threw it..seriously maybe you should watch the vide and youd get it..and btw Andys voice is amazing in that song..!Does anyone know what plight means..? obviously not.."one final fight for this tonight..with knifes and pens we made a plight.." and that means fighting even if you dont have a chance..not giving in or giving up..4..seriously why do you think girls like them because of andy..sure hes cute but who gives a ****..i heard them before i even saw what they looked like and i was in love with them..them being cute is just a plus..! And why do you say andy has a high voice he has a deeper voice then most screamer/screamer bands so wtf..?! have you ever heard him talk..? no because then youd know he has a deep voice..6..i bet you fags who are hating on them didnt even listen to them and are just hating cause thats what one faggot that needs to get a life did..seriously..GET A FUCKING LIFE..BECAUSE IF YOUR GONNA SIT HERE AND HATE ON A BAND YOU BARELY KNOW YOU REALLY SUCK AT LIFE..!!
    bvb-forever234
    bvb-forever234 wrote: and a couple more things...1..how can you say they suck at playing guitar..for one thing any of you guys couldnt do better..and they are amazing..seriously..2..why do you make fun of them for how they look..? Its not always them that picks theyre styles in videos its the record companies dumbasses..shows how much you know about music...if you would see them on a normal day theyd look normal except the eyeliner but its not like it is onstage...3..how are theyre lyrics weak..seriously do you guys even know what knifes and pens is about...obviously not..cause all theyre songs mean something..knifes and pens is about sticking up for yourself and trying your hardest when noones there for you and how people stick threw it..seriously maybe you should watch the vide and youd get it..and btw Andys voice is amazing in that song..!Does anyone know what plight means..? obviously not.."one final fight for this tonight..with knifes and pens we made a plight.." and that means fighting even if you dont have a chance..not giving in or giving up..4..seriously why do you think girls like them because of andy..sure hes cute but who gives a ****..i heard them before i even saw what they looked like and i was in love with them..them being cute is just a plus..! And why do you say andy has a high voice he has a deeper voice then most screamer/screamer bands so wtf..?! have you ever heard him talk..? no because then youd know he has a deep voice..6..i bet you fags who are hating on them didnt even listen to them and are just hating cause thats what one faggot that needs to get a life did..seriously..GET A FUCKING LIFE..BECAUSE IF YOUR GONNA SIT HERE AND HATE ON A BAND YOU BARELY KNOW YOU REALLY SUCK AT LIFE..!!
    i meant screamer/singer
    bvb-forever234
    wtf!? how do they look like girls..? yea they were eyeliner and have long hair but look at bands from the 80s..! they did the same thing but most of them didnt scream..! I know a lot of bands ranging from Motley crue and Kiss to Mayday Parade and Breathe carolina and i think they are the best by far...i dont like screaming soo much but i think andy pulls it off very well...and hes voice is amazing..ive listened to them nonstop since i first heard them..and i love them..so stop hatin on shhit you dont have..ok?
    CharliBrooke
    -J Krist- wrote: I looked them up on wikipedia. It says that one of them is named ashley. I'm pretty sure that means that there's a girl. Where the hell is the girl? I mean, they all like make-up, and they sort of look like girls... But then I looked at their faces, and their chins, and their cheekbones, and i couldn't figure it out.
    Sandra, the drummer, is the only girl in the band to present. The bands lost and gained lots of different members over the years.
    CharliBrooke
    bvb-forever234 wrote: wtf!? how do they look like girls..? yea they were eyeliner and have long hair but look at bands from the 80s..! they did the same thing but most of them didnt scream..! I know a lot of bands ranging from Motley crue and Kiss to Mayday Parade and Breathe carolina and i think they are the best by far...i dont like screaming soo much but i think andy pulls it off very well...and hes voice is amazing..ive listened to them nonstop since i first heard them..and i love them..so stop hatin on shhit you dont have..ok?
    I agree with everything you just said mate.
    bvb-forever234
    CharliBrooke wrote: bvb-forever234 wrote: wtf!? how do they look like girls..? yea they were eyeliner and have long hair but look at bands from the 80s..! they did the same thing but most of them didnt scream..! I know a lot of bands ranging from Motley crue and Kiss to Mayday Parade and Breathe carolina and i think they are the best by far...i dont like screaming soo much but i think andy pulls it off very well...and hes voice is amazing..ive listened to them nonstop since i first heard them..and i love them..so stop hatin on shhit you dont have..ok? I agree with everything you just said mate.
    Thank you..
    bvb-forever234
    wicked_hobbit wrote: Shann_lubs_BVB wrote: Pingis_Or_Death wrote: reaper_x wrote: Listened to their song "knives and pens" a while ago. Didn't like it. Just listened to "Perfect weapon". Didn't really like that either. Something about his voice that bugs me. Meh. HIS? Is that a dude in the pic? Seriously? yes that him.. so what? and i think you're f***ing crazy, andy six has a deeper voice than most singers which makes him unique and its a change to hear.... so they wear makeup... ohh nooo! who gives a shit. Andy Six is EXTREMELY talented. Black Veil Brides is very dedicated to there FANS and if you don't like them why are you on here? they don't care about your negativity so you're just wasting your time. get a life. You registered today just to back your favourite band up. You must be having a great eventful life.
    Who Cares if they registered today to "back there favorite band."..how do you have the right to tell them that "they must have an eventful life.." when your the one reviewing this page when you dont even like the band..! At least they dont sit on the computer right nasty, stupid, arragont shit about a band that just released theyre first album..leave bvb the **** alone..this is theyre first album theyre starting out...jeez..most new bands dont have the greatest first cd..so what leave them go..and the only reason most of you people are making fun of them is because the way they look and "act"..1 who cares how they look..if theyre happy with themselves leave them alone...if you dont like it..keep it to yourselves cause none cares...2 you dont even know them so you cant complain about how they act..they are very sweet and caring and funny guys..so stfu cause noone even cares anymore..
    bvb-forever234
    darkjuggalaFNBT wrote: If you think you can make better music then they can then why aren't you out recording a ****ing album. I'm tired of hearing whiny bitches complain about imperfections in music. It's these things that make music worth listening to because if it was all perfect that would be pretty damn bland. Music is about expressing thoughts and ideas and feelings. If music is becoming a thing we complain about then what is the point to making it. If you don't like the artist don't listen to it and zip your ****ing lips. I do enjoy this band because metal is becoming more and more blended together. example: stonesour and slipknot = the same ****ing thing. example #2 tool and mudvayne what is the ****ing difference because i don't hear it. in this proving that even the best tend to do things that are already popular. New bands like Black Veil Brides is something that the metal universe needs a big shot of. thank you for reading all of this if you even cared to.
    i agree with that people seriously need to get a life