Wretched and Divine: The Story of the Wild Ones review by Black Veil Brides

• Released: Jan 8, 2013
Black Veil Brides: Wretched and Divine: The Story of the Wild Ones

This was the first time I got into Black Veil Brides. I had listened to "We Stitch These Wounds" and "Set the World on Fire," but I never really went back and listened to the album a second time. I really love Andy Biersack's voice, I think he has a really strong voice and sings with so much passion. There is definetly a story behind this album, which is most times the case behind any album, but this album's story is sharing like the ups and downs of life and such. There are a lot of really cool guitar riffs throughout the whole album, and I wish there were more basslines, but it still sounds great. There are some softer sides to the "Wretched and Divine: The Story of the Wild Ones." Not every song is upbeat, like "Lost It All" and "Done For You." I really like all of the tracks on this album, they keep me wanting to hear more.

The lyrics are very heart felt, and they tell a story throughout the album. Another cool thing about this album is that there is narration between some tracks, that are telling a different side of the story. A story from the "bad guys" perspective. The lyrics and the music fit very well together, although in "Ressurrect the Sun" I wish it didn't have such a slow start, but the song finishes strong and it's one of my favorites. The singers skills are 5 star. I love Andy Biersack's voice, I could listen to him sing all day long. He has what I consider a deep voice, and it's amazing.

I honestly don't think that this album compares to any other album or artist. It's very unique, and has gotten me to become a fan of Black Veil Brides. I've gone back and listened to their other albums now, I think this album really shows who they really are. The most impressive songs from "Wretched and Divine: The Story of the Wild Ones" would be "New Year's Day," "Wretched and Divine," "We Don't Belong," "Resurrect the Sun," "Shadows Die," "Nobody's Hero," and "In the End." There aren't any bad songs on this album, that's one thing that I love about it. While I'm listening to it, I never skip over a certain song or anything. I don't really hate anything about it, but I do wish the bass would stand out some more, Ashley Purdy has some very mad skills though. If this album was lost, I think I would go out and buy it again. It's phenomenal and I would recommend it to anyone who hasn't ever listened to BVB before, or who doesn't care for them from their past albums, because this one stands out and I think everyone could be a fan of it and relate to some of the lyrics.

Hudson12
    My thoughts/opinions on the band are as follows: 1. Not my cup of tea. 2. Andy is not the next Robert Plant or Freddie Mercury 3. Raise the volume of the instruments up a touch. 4. I like the bands image. 5. This isn't really Black Veil Brides, more of a "Andy Biersack and Co." affair. 6. Blech, what boring solos. 7. Seriously Andy, let the rest of the band have their moments in the spotlight. 8. Andy, you're like all the worst parts of Axel Rose rolled into a second-coming of him. Only less memorable. EDIT: Spelling/Wrong word choice.
    xfallenangels6x
    I don't see why the fan's of this band get so butt hurt over people's opinions learn to take criticism or you won't make it anywhere.