Champions Review

artist: Blakfish date: 10/22/2010 category: compact discs

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ad free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

Blakfish: Champions
Released: Aug 10, 2009
Genre: Rock
Label: Hassle Records
Blakfish are an impressive mix of technical prowess and awesome.
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Champions Reviewed by: simonshand, on october 22, 2010

Sound: Blakfish are an impressive mix of technical prowess and awesome. Post-hardcore style with much math based riffs and melodies, both guitars play very intricate, well timed, bone mashing melodies over a very prominent bass with some very impressive drumming. 2 lead singers throwing together aggression, passion but generally just being pissed off making a perfect concoction of mosh-hearty music. // 10

Lyrics: Both singers share the load fairly equally with genuinely some of the best lyrics I've ever had the fortune to listen too. The first track 'Economics' contains the lines; 'We know that there's a problem, and why the economy's so bleak, what we all earn in one year, footballers earn in one week'. It is simply mind blowing how talented they are. // 10

Overall Impression: My overall impression, incredible. I love a lot of bands, but these guys take the cake. Mixing aggression with technical skill with a completely original style is mighty impressive, the huge following they had in the underground indie scene was rightfully deserved. It saddens me everyday they broke up. But 3 of the members of Blakfish went on to make &U&I check them out! // 10

Comments