Humanity review by Bleed From Within

• Released: Jul 28, 2009
Bleed From Within: Humanity

I've only just got in to this band recently, after hearing the track Servants Of Divinity, at about midnight on scuzz. And I was just hit by thier sound straight away. It was as agressive as deathcore/ death metal normally is, but it had a fair amount of melody to it, which isn't seen much anymore, most riffs normally just have a 4/4 chugging rhythm, but not this band. After buying the album, you could hear the band have a unique sound, and all the tracks are good in different ways. But Servants Of Divinity is the stand out track on the album. Scott Kennedy's vocals also make the band even better, there is no question the music is good, but a lot of the time in deathcore bands, the vocals ruin the sound. But with his vocals they just add to the sound, every song seems have to have some meaning to him, as each one portrays the same amount of effort put in to the songs.

Every song seems to have an aspect of anti-religion. This may put a fair amount of listners off, but the music is so brilliant you generally don't take notice of most lyrics. Seeing as song has some kind of anti-relgious lyric in them, I think Kennedy may have gone through something when he was younger, which has led him to feel so strongly about relgion. The lyrics are agressive, like the music, so of course they fit together perfectly. Unlike with most agressive styles, where the lyrics are just thrown down on top of riffs so it sound okay, it's different with Bleed From Within. The band have obviously been working hard on the album as the lyrics fit in perfectly with every riff. Scott Kennedy's vocals skills are better than most of the others in the deathcore genre. He seems to be compared to Oli Sykes, of Bring Me The Horizon a lot, but to put it bluntly, Scott is on a completely different level to Oli.

Bleed From Within aren't well known, but they should be, because they are one of the best deathcore bands around (in my opintion). The only thing that may hold them back is the constant anti-relgious lyrics, this may wear thin eventually, and just become annoying. But I'm sure the music will stay at the same high level, and will probably improve, which will take them to a different class compared to other bands. If it were stolen I would definantly buy it again. Although, if my entire CD collection were stolen, it would probably just make the list. As I said earlier the main stand out song on the album is Servants To Divinity, which is why it was released as a single I suppose. I personally think Save Your Prayers, Monsters and The Fall Of Man (infection) are also brilliant.

TheeMoppyCopter
    EpiExplorer wrote: Deathcore a day keeps the metalheads away.
    DudeI'mOnAlesse
    you didnt create deathcore or metalcore, you people just bitch about it.
    EpiExplorer
    TheeMoppyCopter wrote: This band is barely even deathcore. Personally i dislike the deathcore genre, but i checked them out to see if they were actually doing anything differently... and they just aren't. The vocalist has almost exactly the same tone as oli sykes, which will probably lead him to destroy his voice, just like oli sykes did. Oh, and frankly, the guitar work was nothing special either, just generic core riffs. Very misleading review. :/ Oh, and... EpiExplorer wrote: Deathcore a day keeps the metalheads away. If it wasn't for us metalheads, your boring deathcore genre wouldn't exist, considering it's atleast supposed to take influence from death metal. Neither would metalcore, hence the evidence in the name. You can hardly disrespect a metalhead if it was metal that half-inspired the whatevercore movement.
    ...You've got the wrong impression entirely. XD I hate deathcore with a passion.
    PabloHXC
    Aight my band opened for them when they came to Madrid to play. "Humanity" isn't really what you should check them out for, it's all 4/4 chugging riffs and breakdowns, quite generic. BUT, their new CD "Empire" does stand out, you should check out "The Healing" up on youtube and give a listen to "The Novelist" or "Emperor". Personally I'm not a die-hard fan of theirs, but I've got to say Empire is a CD that is really worth a listen
    PabloHXC
    *The "iplayedwiththem" quote was not to show off or anything, it was to say that I had the opportunity to see them live. Because of that, I may say that their onstage presence is huge. Scott Kennedy has changed his vocal register quite much, he stuck to the low and powerful tones. You really should give the new BFW stuff a chance
    Amuro Jay
    This CD is terrible IMO. Couldn't make it past the first track. Their new CD, however, is much better.
    Kaiser_Wolf
    I believe you misinterpreted the lyrics; they're quite religious on an "aggressive" scale. Lyrics also focus on personal struggles while growing up and relationship problems. And guys, lets not get into the whole argument thing it got boring ages ago.