Built By Blood review by Bleed the Dream

• Released: Apr 26, 2005
Bleed the Dream: Built By Blood

The production on this album is really good, everything sounds super clear. I bought this CD after seeing the band live and thinking they sounded great. I wasn't disapointed at all with the CD's sound quality. Each member of the band has there own niche for their instrument that they do very well.

The songs on this CD bounce and forth between two main topics. The first one and probably the main one is mortality and death. The reason behind this is that the band lost their original drummer to leukemia (I think he recorded the drums on this album). The other topic is relationships, mainly the ones that don't work out. The singer pulls both topics off very well by writing very good lyrics. Nothing out of the ordinary but very emotional. His singing range is very good as he can go back and forth between a deep scream or awesome singing (he does more singing than screaming). Also, the bassist has a good voice as well.

The album is never going to be on a "best albums of all time" list but that doesn't mean its not an awesome CD thats worth the money. The best songs are "Confessions," "Who's Killing Who" and "Broken Wings." There aren't any bad songs but those are the standouts. I love how the band is super tight and they do what they do very well. I wish they were a bit more original but oh well. I would buy it again, except I have it in my itunes so if I lost the original, I'd probably just burn a new copy.