Declaration review by Bleeding Through

• Released: Sep 30, 2008
Bleeding Through: Declaration

This is Bleeding Through's 5th studio album. I had not heard much of them before I got this album but I think it is their strongest work yet. It is heavier than all the others put together. Brace yourself for Brutal Dropped B Breakdowns and Blast Beats. The Keyboards add atmosphere unlike I have heard before in a metal core band. There is only two songs I can recall with clean vocals( There Was A Flood, Sister Charlatan) and the rest are screamed so if you don't like screaming this might not be the CD for you. There are even some small guitar solos on this album which adds a new air to a few of the songs as the guitars intertwine with the keyboards. Fantastic Production by Devin Townsend. Even Tim Lambesis of As I Lay Dying helps out on the title track.

The lyrics by Brendan are mostly to do with revenge and people messing up his life. My favorite lyrics are in the song "Germany" which talk about the Berlin Wall. "There was a wall constructed inside of me ripping through my heart. And brick by brick I'll slave to tear it all down" The lyrics do fit in with the heavy nature of the music. Brendan has a nice clean voice too but does not use it much on this album. He is a talented vocalist.

I can sort of compare it to heavy metal core and death core bands but the keyboards add a new dimension to the sound. It becomes more epic. Some impressive songs are; Declaration. Orange County Blonde and Blue( Good Breakdown), Germany, Death Anxiety and Sister Charlatan. I like it because it is really heavy and well produced. Some good riff age, solos and drumming. Keyboards sound good. I don't like the variety as all the songs are the same formula and some riffs are recycled. No ballad here, this album never slows down. If it was stolen/lost I would buy it again because I know what to expect. Listen to Death Anxiety before you buy but if you like Bleeding Through you won't be disapointed

Phe4rTheGod
    This is a horrible album...everything sounds so generic and rehashed...BRING BACK SCOTT!!!
    ce4501
    I really love this album. It's probably my favorite from 2008. I saw them right before it came out on tour with Bullet. Then I saw them again with As Blood Runs Black and The Acacia Strain and was blown away. Fav. Songs: Declaration, Orange County, Germany, There Was A Flood, Death Anxiety, and Sister Charlatan.
    ianaimo
    emr_steelmech wrote: each song individually is good on this album, but as an album all the songs sound the same and run together, aside from a few standouts. Still, where these guys really shine is their live show, I would definently recommend that.
    I agree, I have never really been a huge fan of bleeding through's cd's. I will never miss a chance to see them play a show though. They are always amazing. In fact, I am pretty honored that my band will be playing with them during the anti-hero tour.
    GpOo wrote: I've seen Bleeding Through live when they were with BFMV, Not only did they steal the show, But they performed 10 times better than Bullet. Declaration, by far, is their heaviest album. If you do not like this album, then your not a Bleeding Through fan. As for the A7X comparison, all I have to ask is, are you on crack?
    A7X is nothing like bleeding through. In fact, A7X is really nowhere near as good as BT imo.
    DaftRocker
    Love this album, the more I listen to it the more I like it... Full of dynamics and its so ****ing powerful
    GpOo
    GpOo
    Fender700
    im a hardcore fan of this band. this album in my opinion, is much more dynamic than "The Truth". Although i prefer the production on The Truth much better. on this album the guitars sound mushy and muffled. Plus im not a fan of Jona...he shoulda stuck with I Killed the Prom Queen...lmao. He looks like a total outcast with his flipped hair and what not. but overall, i was pretty happy with this album
    FoulIncantation
    I really like this album its good,anyway I'm just commenting to say i talked to jona after i saw them played and asked if on the album do they use eight string guitars and he said no he said that they play six string guitars, and also with the tunings he said that he used drop b tuning on all the songs on Declaration Except for Germany which is in Drop A tuning, just posting this up if anyone is trying to figure out any songs from Declaration
    iktpq666
    will someone write some ****ing tabs for some songs off this amazing album
    emr_steelmech
    ReaperWaits
    Tbh, you really need to listen to this album in one go , with headphones to really get it, otherwise it just sounds like another pissed off Hardcore band. Production blew me away though, and the guitar work is so impressive.
    Guitarstud77
    A Certain Death wrote: in my opinion, this is the worst bleeding through album to date. this is love, this is murderous destroyed this. the ONLY decent track is sister charletain [i think thats how you spell it?]
    agreed they didn't meet what i expected from theses talented guys, and girl lol
    becker009
    i havent checked up on these guys in years, but what im hearing doesn't surprise me: it sounds like theyre trying to buy into the deathcore scene, but end up failing miserably by sounding like a shitty TBDM. their apparent "best" tracks fail to impress...
    becker009
    HalfBlackJack
    When i first bought this album i hated it and through it aside for about a month. Prefered the stuff you could sing to on The Truth. Had nothing new to listen to so i stuck it on my I Pod and now its my favourite album of the moment! LISTEN TO 'THERE WAS A FLOOD'!!!!!
    Loki_37
    ...It's okay. Very up and down, has some really killer tracks, and some really awful filler. My opinion though, it does show there's at least moderate creativity in the genre. Sister Charlatan is such a good song!!!