The Truth review by Bleeding Through

• Released: Jan 10, 2006
  • Reviewer's score: 7 Good
Bleeding Through: The Truth

The music on this cd is amazing. It's still stays true to the older Bleeding Through style, but it definately branches out into new things. The drums sound as great as ever. Crisp and Clean. Way better production than This Is Love, This Is Murderous which I guess is expected from all new releases these days. I'm extremely happy that Ryan decided to quit distorting his bass. I really hated that fuzzy bass sound on "This Is Love,", so kudos on that. I was kinda surprised by "Line In The Sand," not sure if I like it yet, though. It's really soft. The title track is an instrumental. Overall, it's pretty good. I personally expected more from it, but its still pretty good. Marta's keyboards were mixed a lot better. You can hear that they are louder, when she's playing at all. It doesn't seem like they have near as much keyboards than they did in past albums. The only major downpoint I found was the guitar tone. It's disgusting. Granted, It has improved since "This Is Love" metallic, hollow sound, but they still could have done better.

Now to Brandon. Brandon has a great scream. His singing is good too. Definately better then "This Is Love," a lot more poppy. However, it still needs a lot of work. I find myself to get annoyed with the vocals on "Line In The Sand." I think he needs to just keep with screaming, and only sing on choruses, quite honestly. His lyrics, in my opinion, are the worst part of the CD. It's the same old BS. In the verses its a mixture of "Ohh! I'm such an effing tough guy! I'll take you on! I'll fight 'till the death because I don't have anything to prove or anything to lose f--k f--k f--k blah blah blah" and then the choruses are "You're bleeding. And I'm bleeding too. And I love you. But I'm gonna kill you anyway." Okay, Brandon, you are a talented writer. So lets see you use that talent and write a different song. Not just switch up the lyrics a bit, and hit a high note or two and call it good. It really bugs me. Typical macho BS coming outta his mouth! But it could be worse.

My overall impression - it's a good CD. They have definately progressed musically since "This Is Love" however, content wise, I still muchly prefer older releases. If it gets lost or stolen I probably won't worry about replacing it. If I do, I'll probably just download it if I want it that bad. They've already got my money's worth.