The Truth review by Bleeding Through

• Released: Jan 10, 2006
Bleeding Through: The Truth

This is the most insane album ever made by Bleeding Through. They are one of the greatest bands ever. Brandan's voice has never been more clear, perhaps they now use pro-tools at Trustkill Records. The guitars are amazing, there are not as many solos as there we in This Is Love but they are just as good. The keyboards are a real plus as well.

Brandan's lyrics are really meaningful to those who have experienced hard times. It isn't an emo album, which of course is good, but it's the type of album that does not drag on about hard days, but rather it gives you hope that things will become better no matter what.

Bleeding Through is only one of a few hardcore bands that has the potential to go places. Surprisingly, Avenged Sevenfold, BT, Throwdown, 18 Visions, and Atreyu all come from Orange County in Cali, and are all hardcore. I can't think of anything I don't like about this album, even the singing in Line in the Sand. So what if Brandan has a deep voice? If he still had the guts to sing like that, that works for me!

AllAgainstAll
    Featured review by: monte ?Brandon has a great scream. His singing is good too. Definately better then "This Is Love," a lot more poppy. However, it still needs a lot of work. I find myself to get annoyed with the vocals on "Line In The Sand." I think he needs to just keep with screaming, and only sing on choruses, quite honestly. His lyrics, in my opinion, are the worst part of the CD. It's the same old BS. In the verses its a mixture of "Ohh! I'm such an effing tough guy! I'll take you on! I'll fight 'till the death because I don't have anything to prove or anything to lose f--k f--k f--k blah blah blah" and then the choruses are "You're bleeding. And I'm bleeding too. And I love you. But I'm gonna kill you anyway." Okay, Brandon, you are a talented writer. So lets see you use that talent and write a different song. Not just switch up the lyrics a bit, and hit a high note or two and call it good. It really bugs me. Typical macho BS coming outta his mouth! But it could be worse.? Brandan (the singer), despite his insecurity, is a capable one. He knows that the ballad-y ?A Line In The Sand? is going to receive backlash from the elitist fans like you monte, but he doesn?t give two sh*ts. It?s his favorite song, and he suggests ?It?s going to gain us more fans than it?s going to lose.? ?The album represents coming to terms with yourself, and realizing the world is full of backstabbers and people out for their own necks?, he explains. These songs are put forward in Schiepatti?s drill-sergeant style, an intimidating bark that calls to mind Henry Rollins, circa his Black Flag days. Behind all of the metalcore tone that Bleeding Through takes on, they are truly hardcore. The entire band is straight edge. Brandan has been straight edge for 12 years, along with Scott who has been straight edge as well for 18 long years. They are the two longest straight edge members. So why wouldn?t they take on the hardcore image in their music?? Bleeding Through?s hardcore perception and straight edge ethic is a choice, not a benefit. Bleeding Through seems rigid when sticking to such strict schematics, but their lifestyle choices and vehement music never hinder their fun. Despite the scowls on their faces and the fury with which they perform, they still love what they do. ?I should care what some 17 year old kid thinks of my band or if I am hardcore or not?? Or if my singing meets their standards?? I just don?t care, It?s not going to change what I do? says Schiepatti.
    ImBarkerRarrrrr
    Bleeding Through is awesome as ever i think the album is awesome i just wish they had more guitar solos
    Silverstein444
    This cd is awesome. Some metalcore cds are hard to differentiate but this one has a unique sound to it due to the trippy effects and keyboard. Sounds like something you would listen to on halloween