The Truth review by Bleeding Through

• Released: Jan 10, 2006
Bleeding Through: The Truth

For the band's second major debut album, it's pretty good. They've modelled their sound for this one though, for their most loved song on This Is Love This Is Murderous; Love Lost In A Hail Of Gunfire, the opening track. The song on The Truth mostly sound the same, but have really catchy riffs and chorus's. Lines get stuck in your head, and it's like, 'Which song is this from?' I quite like it though, because on 'Line In The Sand', there's none of his 'I'm choking on a cheese grater' screaming, but him singing, and I quite like it. The instrumental 'The Truth' is also very good.

I really really like the lyrics, and a lot of them stick out in my head. They're kind of angry, and sometimes give a feeling as if they've been hurt but still love the person who hurt them. This is apparant in 'Hollywood Prison': 'What can I say that hasn't been said before, I wrote your name in blood on my prison walls'. Also in 'Line In The Sand': 'If I told you the truth now, would you still leave and take my heart? If I show you the truth, would you still leave?' I quite like the lyrics and the feeling they give. You can relate to them when you've just argued with someone you love.

Hmm, I'm not sure, Bleeding Through are kinda the first artists with this sound I've heard, I think the stand-out songs from the album are Kill To Believe, Return To Sender, Dearly Demented and Love in Slow Motion (which I love because of the little keyboard bits. I love that this is one of the first things I have heard from their genre, and I love all fo it. I hate the fact it mainly all sounds like 'Love Lost', and I preferred their previous album, because this one is less experimental and their sound is more fixed. Ahh well, I'd still go out and buy it again iuf it got stolen. If it were lost, I'd just find it again.

Ameh =)
    If you liked this, then listen to This Is Love This Is Murderous... =)
    darkseason
    This album kicks ass for the most part. It's heavy, fast, crazy, and catchy all at once. I can't say that the lyrics are all that great, but I like the vocal style alot. I'd like to see the girl in the band get naked sometime. She's hot.(does this make my review unworthy now?)
    Ameh =)
    No, it don't make it unworthy, it just voices what everyone's thinkin' XD
    IANwAtkinsIsGOD
    Immense album the guitar sound is top class! Someone earlier said the guitars don't sound good? The sound is coming from a Peavey 6505? its the best metal amp since god know's what!!!! Yes its not grindcore?!!!?? Marta is extremely hot and the lyrics make so much sense especially if you watch the kill to believe video!!! Nuff said!
    xCoilx
    Bleeding Through is def not grincore.And all of his lyrics talk about love and bleeding.But Kill to Believe is my favorite on the album and Line in the Sand.He has a really nice singing voice he shoudl sing more than scream.
    getchapull04
    I completely agree with boyan89, bleeding through is a great band we need to here more of
    [x]Huffy[x]
    ianaimo
    [x]Huffy[x] wrote: Brilliant album, although I'm not sure it deserves a 9. I really enjoyed the album's more melodic points most, because in my opinion This Is Love, This Is Murderous's tracks all sounded the same apart from Love Lost In A Hale OF Gunfire, Revenge I Seek and On Wings Of Lead. Brilliant album, can't wait for the new album "Declaration".
    My personal favorite song from this is love is #7 with a bullet. to me that was the most "different" sounding song on that cd. My second fav is revenge I seek the breakdown at the beginning of that song is insane. Whenever they place this live I usually end up kicking sum kid in the face when I throw down for it ):