Pedal To The Metal review by Blessed by a Broken Heart

• Released: Sep 2, 2008
Blessed by a Broken Heart: Pedal To The Metal

Well, it seems the boys from Blessed By a Broken Heart have come a long way since their powerful metalcore debut, taking a more direct sound. Directly into your soul! For far too long, kind gentlemen have been waiting for a band to harness the power and tenacity of the 80s and combine that with the ferocious vocal and guitar work being done by some of the top metal bands of today. But it seems, our prayers have been answered. Straight away, as soon as the CD is put in the player, one can't help but feel the 80s is alive once again. Pedal To The Metal takes the listener through an extensive journey through electronic synths to powerful thumping guitar riffs, certainly this is a band to watch out for.

Right away it's easy to see the strong, modernised take on the vocals as the combination of both harsh, growling vocals is interlaced with fast paced sing-along chrouses. Obviously, being that this album is very much in touch with the 80s theme, the lyrics themselves don't need to be perfect, with much of them relating back to women and the classic 80s hair metal motif... Dancing, (Move Your Body - the standout track on the album). Tracks like "Blood On Your Hands" changed this up though, with a strong and powerfully delivered vocal performance and some wonderfully written lyrics. However, in terms of vocal ability, singer Tony Gambino can't be mistaken for not putting in. The vocalist displays some amazing screams and growls and yet falls back into beautiful melodies without missing a beat. One of the highlight points of the album. Kudos to Mr. Gambino.

Overall, Blessed By a Broken Heart's Pedal To The Metal is one of music's best kept secrets. No-one can deny the amazing talent on display when these guys play their tunes, so the question begs to be asked, "Why are Blessed By a Broken Heart still relatively unknown?" With guitar work from out of this world, unbelievable vocal performances and a drum showing of epic preportions, the band are one of the true rock bands left today. Total fist-pumping aggression. Would I buy this album again if it were stolen? I'm going to buy another copy right now, just in case.

mikiguitar
    absolutely awesome band, not one song i dislike on their new album. i only wish there were more tabs up for their songs though
    CameronElektra
    fantastic album, you said everything I would've said exactly how I would've said it Nick! I personally love the synth drum fills, one of the best things on the album. If you want real man's synth, try the keys on Doing it. AMAZING! Get some tabs!
    *1987*
    Fade_One_Fuel wrote: Why are they classified as Christian Metal?!?! That doesn't make much sense to me!!!
    Listen to the lyrics man. 'Side by Side' for example 'I'm not leaving you behind...take my hand...'. Show me what you got 'if god is for us, who can be against us' also in songs like carry on. nevertheless. my favourite band and im an atheist. it all has a really positive message. well for the most part
    Fade_One_Fuel
    Decent review, though I think you should focus on talking more about why they are good. I love this album. I love the way they mix synth with distorted guitars. Like Enter Shikari though these guys have a much heavier influence. Why are they classified as Christian Metal?!?! That doesn't make much sense to me!!! The guitarist is pretty good though and I agree that the vocalist can sing well. Not sure how wider an appeal they will have as they seem kind of a fad. I like them though!
    Lohnanmilitia
    Yeah, this band is amazing. I saw them a couple of months ago and it was just spectacular. Amazing energy and superb stage presence. Though some think this band is cheesy, smack them in the face. I can't wait to hear whats next from these guys. I remember listening to them when their first LP came out. They were great then as well. They are a christian band, but that doesn't matter, many great bands such as As I Lay Dying, In Fear and Faith, etc. are. Hope they keep up the good work!
    hildesaw
    Alright, don't get me wrong...I love glam. And I love metalcore. And some stuff from these guys kicks ass. I just hate the electronic drum fills. And their ballads are incredibly cheesy, coming from a guy that loves power ballads
    FearBefore
    They used to be a totally different band with a much more metal approach. Check out songs like Mic Skillz 2, OMG! and Serial Thriller. This CD was pretty awesome. I saw them in 2007 and was really impressed. Good, honest review.
    WhiskeyGuitar
    ohhh yeah pedal to the metal is f***ing great!!!!! catchy songs shreddy leads n solos 80s drums and some core here and there awesome!!!
    damo13
    Religeon and metal can go together you know!! im a chistian, and i love all types of metal, even band like deicide and gorgoroth, even if they sing about satan and stuff. what they think about is different to what i think but i still love the music!!!!! Great band this.. and they prove that they can b christian metal!!!! woop woop!
    korbhag
    Finally something about BBABH on UG! You just can't be depressed when you listen to this album, pure epicness!
    heavymetal55
    This cd is amazing! The solos are great the breakdowns rule and the songs are so ridiculas they make u laugh while he head bang along! lol
    jakewynnrocks
    i absolutely love this band. working on a tab for blood on your hands right now, the solo is pretty tricky though...