Blind Faith review by Blind Faith

• Released: Jan 1, 1969
Blind Faith: Blind Faith

I think that the sound on this record is a definite change from what Clapton had been doing earlier in his career. He begins to use a Telecaster more than his Gibsons, and indeed the whole album soundsmore laid-back than anything John Mayall or Cream ever recorded. There are a number of styles on the record, from the classic rock stylings of the first song to the beatiful fingerpicking of "Can't find my way home" and the Organ led "Presence of the Lord". Also, if you buyt the double album, you get a whole CD of Clapton,Steve Winwood and Ginger Baker just jamming. I love the sound of the album because it is eclectic - there is a wide mix of styles.

The lyrics on the album in general are good, but this is not really a lyric based album. In fact, the album has been mixed so that the Lyrics are very quiet and almost unhearable.

I think that this album compares favorably with a lot of Clapton's other work, and indeed it resembles the output of his solo career more than his work with John Mayall or Cream. My favourite song on the album is the anthemic "Presence of the Lord", and, on the other disc, "Slow Jam #1" - no words, but some great playing! There is nothing I really hate about the album except the fact that the vocals have been mixed too quiet,m and the songs occasionally drag on too long. I would probably buy the album again, except for the fact that it is rather expensive (15 GBP). Still, I would advise anyone who likes Eric Clapton to look into this as well as Derek and the Dominos. If you're a metalhead, this is not going to appeal to you but anyone else, give it a try.

stancan2
    This was my first real favorite LP. I wore it out! With Black Light and posters...it was the only sound I really cared about at the time..still LOVE it too!
    Powerageman
    Great music! too bad they only had one album. And I am a metal-head, but not only. I love lmost anything Clapton releases.