At The Edge Of Time review by Blind Guardian

• Released: Jul 30, 2010
Blind Guardian: At The Edge Of Time

Right as the first track starts, you can immediately tell that it's Blind Guardian. On this album BG remains true to their sound that they've crafted over the years. The album is full of beautiful orchestral arrangements that accompany the songs quite well and creates a very enjoyable listening experience. The songs are varied and Hansi's epic voice is just as strong and hypnotic as ever. With such great tracks as "A Voice in The Dark", "Valkyries", and "Curse My Name" this album is bound to excite and entertain and make you wish you were back in the middle ages.

The lyrics are just as epic as the other countless songs that BG has released over the last 2 decades. Very fantasy and folklore oriented. Hansi's voice is perfect as it's ever been and fits the music quite well. It feels as if he's telling you a story through song as opposed to just singing the lyrics for the sake of having a song. The lyrics are perfect and are nothing short of what you would expect from BG. The choruses are all very catchy and you will have to fight the urge to sing along, especially on "A Voice in The Dark."

This album is great from start to finish. I honestly can find no fault at all with this album. I love how the songs just flow perfectly together and don't meander all over the place. The journey that this album takes you on is one you'll want to go on over and over again. If you happent to buy the special 2 disc edition you will be treated to some demos and a great documentary of BG in the studio and how the album came to be. Overall, I think it's safe to say that this album stacks up with all the other albums BG has released. I wouldn't hesitate to go out and re-buy this album if it were lost or stolen, either. Congrats to BG for putting out another great album!

krvolok
    Code45 wrote: krvolok wrote: The next big thing would be a concept album based on the Silmarillion,that I think would be abut 120 minutes in length. there was already one of those its called night fall on middle earth
    I meant another Nightfall,Nightfall in Middle Earth II.